After the yellow star,

by The Rebel 16 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I am the new vermin.

Of course by disfellowshipping myself I don't need put a yellow star on my jacket. But I am identifying myself to be looked at and resented like people did with the Jews.

Yes I am overdramatising my possible misfortune. I will still be allowed on the buses, to visit the zoo, and such places that were deprived the sight of Jewish families. But my point is how wrong it is that former friends and family could even think I am no longer good enough.

And that is my point, they are not strangers they are my former friends and family who would treat me this way.

What can I learn from this?

I will not become like them, I will not hate any of them.I will not hate their names, and I will not hate their faces. But I will hate their rotten religion and I will never say they are right. I will not share in their intolerance and hypocracy. Instead I will help them ,and be their for them when they need me.

So I will wear the figurative " Yellow Star" they will put upon me with pride.

The Rebel

• prologos
    prologos
    The Deputy.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

prologos " The Deputy"

Not sure I get the comment about " The Deputy" I see myself more like Chester "The Marshals" sidekick in Gunsmoke.But if you like the vintage television western, check out " The Rebel" with Nick Adams.

My T.V western heroes were more moral, and their actions more ethical than any religion can offer.

The Rebel.

• prologos
    prologos

I am not a fan of fiction, but "The Deputy" was a work of art, where someone went into the Concentration Camp as a substitute for a jew.

I distinctly remember the day (in 1938 I believe) when the yellow star appeared in our street. I was told to not show the courtesy of opening the door for the good people that now wore that marker. the two intertwined triangles. So I am with you in those feelings. I have been there.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Prologos " I am not a fan of fiction"

The Rebel:- That is why we are out the W.T.

Prologos " I distinctly remember the day ( in 1938 I believe) when the yellow star first appeared in our street....."

The Rebel::- Thank you for that comment. Checking out your " Topics Started" I now look forward to learning and some great wisdom....

The Rebel.

• stillin
    stillin
    Truly taking the higher moral ground
  • tiki
    tiki

Excellent! Wonderful attitude....

• Saintbertholdt
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Prologos:I distinctly remember the day (in 1938 I believe) when the yellow star appeared in our street. I was told to not show the courtesy of opening the door for the good people that now wore that marker. the two intertwined triangles. So I am with you in those feelings. I have been there.

I am not old enough to have memories of things like that. I do feel fortunate though to be part of your overlapping generation as you no doubt must feel fortunate to be part of the WW1 overlapping generation.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    I have a huge turd badge which i polish everyday...long live the revolution!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit