Never in my wildest dream would I ever see one of those dog gone carts

by Tameria2001 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I moved to where I'm currently living for 10 years now. Once in a while, I would have JWs come to my door and every single time either I or my husband would send them on their merry way, although my husband is quite rude about it. I'm not sure when the cart witnessing (or whatever it is called) started up, but the only time I ever heard about it was on the internet, or someone here talking about it.

On Friday I took my son to the airport, and at first nothing, but on my way out about a half an hour later, I saw two of those doggone Watchtower carts, and there were two people standing behind them (a man and a woman). It was almost like they were embarrassed to be seen by them. They looked as if they were trying to hide behind them, with their faces averted away. If your wondering none of the JWs in my area even know that I use to be one, and I want to keep it that way. When I got home, I told my husband about it, and he really wished that he was there. He is dying to give them another what for, and much to my relief that he was not.

• alanv
    alanv

Yes they are appearing in many different counties and towns now. The joke is, rather than helping to increase the number of JWs around the world, numbers have been decreasing over the past 5 years or so. Personally I think it is purely a way of keeping the dubs involved in the org, so they dont stray, while at the same time making it really easy for them to do their time. Also now they are told not to debate, but rather point people toward the JW website.

• Nambo
    Nambo

When I am early for an appointment for instance, so have the time, I hover a little around these carts, not only to see what pearls of wisdom the society are offering these days, but to maybe even maybe entice a little chat. They just do not seem interested in actually preaching, I wonder if they like doing this work as it means they can count time without actually having to talk to the great unwashed?

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has said that even if a jw never gets to talk to a person during a door to door preaching, they are still giving a witness by being seen by others who might say, "there are Jehovah's witnesses" and thus give an indirect witness. (vomit)

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

When you ask JWs why they think they have the truth one of the big proofs was because they were fulfilling Matt 24:14 and preaching the good news to the whole world.

How does it sit with them now that the 'preaching' is done by people hiding behind a cart drinking coffee, checking their phones and talking to no one?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    They just do not seem interested in actually preaching,

The bottom line is that they just want to mark hours on their report. JWs have become a billboard, but in this case, the Org does not have to pay for ad space, they just tell JWs to stand in high traffic areas with a cart. They are walking billboards.

• tiki
    tiki

I saw one once downtown by a small park....surrounded by the local homeless and halfway house people that hang out there...two guys in suits...it seemed so ridiculous.

• Exelder
    Exelder

To me, it shows that they (the ones on the cart) really don't believe armageddon is coming any time soon.

If they truly believed it how could they just stand there passively knowing that nearly all of the people walking passed them are going to be killed within the foreseeable future. Surely they should be trying harder and not hiding behind a cart looking at their phones or drinking coffee.

At best is shows a complacence and at worst it is sheer arrogance and shows that they absolutely do not care about people at all.

IF this is supposed to be Gods way of warning people that he is going to bring destruction on the planet, it is a despicable, lazy way of doing it.

"Jehovah' is no better. He would know (if he was real) that people are more cynical than ever and already have information overload. Does he REALLY think that people invisiblly hiding behind a cart is the most effective way of saving lives?

They make me sick with their piousness.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XjKtIiol2s

This organization is now over the deep end.

• Exelder
    Exelder

That video was nauseating. A bit of sick actually popped up in my mouth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit