Wine Recommendations--For Memorial Celebration at Home

by blondie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I haven't been in a liquor store for eons. I didn't realize how many kinds of red wine there are. I will be observing at home this year and would like to get a red wine that tastes good that fulfills the Jewish requirements for passover wine but doesn't require a second mortgage on the house.

Any suggestions?

Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

Not even, ozziepost has a suggestion? I can't believe there aren't some wine experts out there. Help!

Blondie

• JH
    JH

Blondie,

You're doing just like me, you're answering your own threads!

Quite calm on the site

• fulano
    fulano

Any Californian red wine will do. Don't act like the new brothers in the hills of Mexico who used tortillas and tequila...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You could always go with an inexpensive simple Kosher wine - Mogen David is one brand. As I recall, they tend to be on the sweet side.

Yes, Mogen David is the "MD" in MD 20/20, also known as Mad Dog 20/20.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks guys. What about an Italian Chianti?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Now was it okay for Bordeaux or burgundy? I don't remember. I'm drinking a wonderful bordeaux at the moment. My favourite chianti is Ruffino. Very smooth.

• fulano
    fulano

Chianti, Barolo, Beaujolais, Bordeaux, Bourgogne, Rioja..it's all the same as long as it is not Porto or Sherry or martini.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks guys for all the help. Only men answered my question, does that mean men are the wine experts?

Blondie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Blondie,

Sorry to miss this. I've been rather out of sorts lately and finally succumbed to hospital yesterday, so haven't been here much.

Anyhow, glad to see you're getting somewhere. A question for you: Why do you want an "authentic" wine? I know this is what the Dubs are concerned about, but should we be? Just a thought.

BTW a number of exDubs this side of the pond use simple port. It's the form, not the substance that counts.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit