Are JW kids really better that Christendom's or even the world's?

by starScream 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• starScream
    starScream

I dont mean to put down my cousin but if she and her boyfriend (now husband) have been loyal JWs all their lives why is it that he was arrested for cocaine posession, (he was actually TRAFFICKING while a JW!!!!)she got knocked up by him, and then they got married by a JUDGE instead of an elder. Do these sound like JW kids or do they sound like the real JW kids that you dont see on the Poster or cover of Awake.

So lets recap, my cousin, the fornicator, got pregnant out of wedlock to a cocaine user/trafficker and then got married, secretly, by a worldly official, to him to cover up of the fornications. These are Jehovah's Witnesses folks. Her father BTW is almost the top elder at the congregation.

Im sick of the hypocrisy of the Watchtower. They act like they are so much better when they aren't any less sinful. Not one of them is perfect. And many times their kids are worse than kids without any religous upbringing.

• blackout
    blackout

Thats sounds about like the average Elders kids I have known, of course its always covered up.

• freeman
    freeman

Are JW kids better then the worlds or Christendom’s? I can’t let that statement pass without challenge because that is the essence of the JW mindset pure and simple, that they are somehow apart from the rest of the other groups claiming to be the true God Squad. Sorry I don't buy it.

• Naeblis Parole Officer
    Naeblis Parole Officer

The only difference between wordlies and witness kids is bad polyester suits.

• freeman
    freeman

Are JW kids better then the worlds or Christendom’s? I can’t let that statement pass without challenge because that is the essence of the JW mindset pure and simple, that they are somehow apart from the rest of the other groups claiming to be the true God Squad.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Gee, married by a judge instead of an elder - what a shock to the decent white world - a fornicator indeed eh.

I watched some jw parents facilitate their jw kids to harass, taunt and scoff at certain "worldly" people.

They looked to me like "twice as much a child of hell " as their parents, and it hurt to see it.

Better? They wish.......................they Want.

• Scully
    Scully

I really think it depends on the kids and the family dynamic, and how seriously the children take to heart the JW teachings.

Believe it or not, there are JW kids who sincerely believe they have The Truth TM , and wholeheartedly want to please Jehovah. They go door-to-door because they love Jehovah and they want to share The Truth TM with others. They do not swear, they do not fornicate, they don't drink or smoke or do drugs, they do not willfully hurt other people. Their parents do not have to demand obedience from them, because they are genuinely good, responsible kids. They do not look down on Worldly People TM , because they feel Worldly People TM may someday become JWs and they feel that their loving, kind manner will help draw people to The Truth TM . They don't start dating until they feel they are ready for marriage.

How do I know that? I was one of those kids.

Love, Scully

• starScream
    starScream

Scully,

Believe it or not, there are JW kids who sincerely believe they have The Truth TM , and wholeheartedly want to please Jehovah.

that is exactly my point. I use my cousin and her husband as a PERFECT example becasue they fit that dynamic. My cousin and her sister are devout as are their parents their allegience to the Watchtower is absolute. They go in field service all the time and they believe without a doubt what the watchtower teaches. I did also for a very long time. I could never get over why someone needed to join a **insert ad hominem** club that says you can't have a beard in order to please God though.

They do not swear, they do not fornicate, they don't drink or smoke or do drugs, they do not willfully hurt other people. Their parents do not have to demand obedience from them,

Well, As I have just demonstrated JW are no better than Christendom's or the World's because they actually do those things just like everyone else. Any one can claim that someone else's kids are simply an exception to the rule but why then claim to have better kids? That is just another way of saying "Hey, if you don't count our bad kids then our kids are better than your kids." Kids are kids and adults are sinners. Instead of boasting in the cross JWs boast in performance of their group as a whole minus the ones that they label as weak. It is ludicrous. Performance must be perfect or it is meaningless.

Even if their kids are better, which is simply false, it does not mean that they are right for making a point of it. By restricting their kids out of fear that they will love the world more than the Watchtower they are only encouraging rebellion. I know lots of JW kids that use drugs, swear, smoke, fornicate.... If they were allowed more normal social lives it probably wouldn't happen.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

This "our kids are better than your kids" point is one of the first things that made me wonder about JWs. Double life thing, again. I am not JW and the JW Mom I was speaking to was telling me about the wonderful kids in her congregation and what a good influence on each other they were. Meanwhile, I knew her 14 year old son went out partying and drinking with older JW kids and had all sorts of stories about what these kids were up to. I don't think JW kids are WORSE than other kids, but this parent was in full scale denial.

This particular boy has cleaned up his act, yet still, hangs out with the wilder kids at school, and self-righteously judges their behavior, and once again talks about how JW kids are better, and yes, some JWs are better than how some of those kids act. Just like some worldly kids are better than some JW kids. Those generalizations are just too big.

There are parents that choose not to be involved with their kids, or who close their eyes to their kids less desirable behavior. The thing I have noticed with my kids' friends, is the ones who seem to have their head on straight also seem to have involved parents who are willing to drive them around, have other kids over, have standards of behavior, care about marks and doing your best. These kids come from all religions, Jewish to Pentacostal to Buddist, and different backgrounds, but the common factor is that they all have parents who care, who listen and who are willing to be parents, not buddies.

• JT
    JT

I really think it depends on the kids and the family dynamic, and how seriously the children take to heart the JW teachings.

Believe it or not, there are JW kids who sincerely believe they have The Truth TM , and wholeheartedly want to please Jehovah. They go door-to-door because they love Jehovah and they want to share The Truth TM with others. They do not swear, they do not fornicate, they don't drink or smoke or do drugs, they do not willfully hurt other people. Their parents do not have to demand obedience from them, because they are genuinely good, responsible kids. They do not look down on Worldly People TM , because they feel Worldly People TM may someday become JWs and they feel that their loving, kind manner will help draw people to The Truth TM . They don't start dating until they feel they are ready for marriage.

How do I know that? I was one of those kids.

##########

yep that was me as well- the problem is the wt tries to paint this picture that jw are different, in fact the same can be said of almost any belief system

if the child take it seriously they will live according to the rules, in most religions the punishment for not obeying the rules like sex b4 marriage are not as sever as jw punishment- while the family maybe hurt by a girl getting pregnant most in my expericene don't thru them out or refuse to even speak to them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit