Are Jehovah's Witnesses Becoming More Outreach Minded?

by Kenneson 12 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I find that hard to believe. If the Watchtower is really giving to others, it must have ulterior motives. Maybe the ratings are dropping and they need to bring them up.

• mustang
    mustang

..or they've found a way to "make it pay..."

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    ..or they've found a way to "make it pay..."

mustang, their disaster relief program can pay off big time. In Sarquay [sic] Quebec, Canada, a dam broke and the whole town was flooded. A brother whose house was damaged told me about it. The Witnesses came in and fixed the Witness homes very quickly. They had their homes repaired about a month before anyone else did. This is a good thing. Then the brother told me he would get about $18,000 from the Red Cross to pay for repairs to his home. The Society has asked any brothers or sisters who received money from the Red Cross to donate it to the Society. Think about it. The Red Cross is used to paying commerical firms, so the $18,000 will include about $12,000 for labor. Since the Society incurrs material costs but no labor costs as the labor is volunteered, the Society makes about $12K profit per home if all Red Cross funds are donated to the Society. Those in the construction trade can correct me, but I have heard that 2/3 of construction costs are labor. This gives the Society a 200% profit margin (e.g., $6K in materials invested to get $18K back) on its disaster relief programs....and a lot of good publicity. Richard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit