Are Jehovah's Witnesses Becoming More Outreach Minded?

by Kenneson 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

In 2001 when Houston was flooded, thousands of JW volunteers turned up to help fellow JWs and a few non-Witnesses benefited as well.

In 2002 when Mount Nyirangongo in Goma, Congo erupted JWs sent aid that helped both JWs and non-Jws alike.

http://www.jw-media.org/newsroom/index.htm?content=humanitarian.htm

And according to the Feb. 15, 2003 Watchtower, under the heading "Life in a Refugee Camp" material assistance has been given to everyone in these camps in Tanzania. See page 16 and especially this quote: "The Witnesses in Europe have collected tons of soy milk, clothes, shoes, schoolbooks, and soap. These items have been donated for distribution to all refugees, in line with the Bible principle: 'As long as we have time favorable for it, let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to us in the faith.' --Galatians 6:10."

Now it is good to see that Jws are offering aid to everyone at times of natural disasters and the displacement of peoples brought about by civil wars, but will the time ever come when they will begin outreach programs and "work what is good toward all" in their own communities? This would definitely be a plus for their tarnished image.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Kenneson,

I believe the R & F JW thinks they are reaching out for GOOD purposes and lets face it help is needed in those areas.

Unfortunately the REAL reason the SLAVE is directing them to help when disaster strikes is because these are BIG MEDIA EVENTS.

The WHOLE WORLD Is WATCHING and this will bring big money back in The WTBS pockets. What better advertising then Helping Suffering People!

1 st of all The R & F JW pays for these charitable works ABOVE and BEYOND donations for The World Wide Work as well as separate from any other donations. So The WTBS does not suffer financially for these deeds of mercy to be done.

2 nd the R & F so far are the only ones really out there getting dirty helping their Brother’s and Sisters. I have never seen or heard of a GB member going out there and passing out food and drink to those in need. Not Even affectionately touching a hand or shoulder of a suffering one as Jesus would.

3 rd The WTBS is not involved personally in any act of mercy for widows, orphans, elderly, or even down on “Luck” JW. Nor do they delegate such acts of kindness and mercy. They simply say it is up to each individual JW as They (The GB) makes sure each individual JW is over worked and over tired so that each individual JW can be brain washed that anything anyone does to help another is just a band-aid and wont help! Only life giving information from God’s Word The Bible Tainted With WTBS Poison so as to make them DEAD Words is vital for each Christian and Neighbor.

And so dear Kenneson and friends although These Acts Of Kindness and Mercy are just what the recipients need and are probably Grateful For. The Underlining Motivation Here is Simply but Surely SELFISH.

Ciao 4 now,

Utopian_RaindropsRelax…Gotta Luvz You Guyz.Here's a kiss for you, my love!

• Valis
    Valis
    Jehovah's Witnesses responded by volunteering time, skilled labor and materials to assist their neighbors. Almost immediately, a relief committee was formed to organize repair work on the 625 homes of Witnesses that were damaged.

Not charity...nor are there credible news agencies to back up there important news releases about helping anyone but themselves....*LOL*...Thanks Kennesson...always good to have an old laugh come back to remind you of the bullshit.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS when responding to disasters seeks first JWs who need help.

The WTS only helps those JWs for the short duration of the disaster and is not there during the rebuilding of the infrastructure. JWs rely on "Caesar's" resources.

If there is something left over after helping JWs, the WTS may help non-JWs or in some cases stores it for future use by JWs.

JWs readily partake of the goods and services offered by the Red Cross but are discouraged or forbidden to donate to this organization due to its connection with blood transfusion supplies.

Even the houses that were rebuilt in San Antonio were done so with the plans and materials offered by the WTS. If you wanted your original house rebuilt, good luck. Many JWs were strongly encouraged to sign over insurance monies to the WTS as well.

Blondie

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I was so encouraged to read they are helping OTHERS!... There is truly more happiness in giving than receiving- I want the JWs -to receive some happiness for there works..... Maybe they will run across folks who will show them they are slaves to an Organization. Hey! maybe if those who pray!!!Keep on praying for them--Who knows maybe those of our family who wont speak to us -will suddenly want to brag about the works they are doing- My ears are open for MY daughter & grandchildren to talk to me. Please God before I die.....

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

They really have nothing to brag about. The Morman church donates millions of dollars of charity items every year. (of course members pay 10% of their earnings every year to the church) But one thing that did impress me about the mormans, is they usually distribute all charity items out to the local churches, (no matter what denomination) to be evenly distributed to those in need.

Hang in there Mouthy!!!!!

• mustang
    mustang

New Light???

Perhaps, this is based on a reevalution of the Rules of Acquistion, with a favorable slant.

Mustang

• JH
    JH

Let them reach out and help the poor and sick in their own congregation for a start.

So many old and sick witnesses need help at home or some need to be visited more often at the hospital. Poor witnesses without work. There are so many ways they could help these people.

They rather go out in the field service, where no one wants to speak to them.

But they will be helping where big disasters happen, so that they will be seen.

HYPOCRITS

• metatron
    metatron

Jesus was right.

"When making gifts of mercy, do not blow a trumpet ahead of you"

These blowhards at the Awake never miss a chance

to toot their own horn. I'll rejoice when they act with charity outside of any mere isolated example.

metatron

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s help JW`s,sometimes.Period...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit