What is the JW view on the vaccine rollout?

by MebyonKernow 15 Replies latest jw friends

• MebyonKernow
    MebyonKernow

Out of morbid curiosity...

What is the Jehovah's Witnesses current view about the vaccine rollout?

Is the Watchtower Society advocating the position to take the covid vaccine? Is it a personal 'conscience' matter? How many JWs are refusing the vaccine does anyone know? Conversely, are there a lot of JWs who are taking the vaccine?

My elderly parents (both devout Witnesses) have both taken it.

Me? No bloody way. Stuff that.

Anyway, what is the current JW stance on covid vaccines, does anyone know?

Sorry I've been out of the loop now for so many years I have no knowledge about their current stance. Hell I don't even identify anymore as being an exjw it's been so many years since I left (df'ed in 1995) and all JW issues rarely if ever go through my mind anymore. It's almost like a completely foreign subject to me now. Didn't think I'd ever say that many years ago when I was at my most suicidal and doing shit loads of drugs and drinking myself into oblivion.

Does anyone want to buy a boat btw lol?

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

They have sent out letters to be read to the congregations stating that the vaccines do not contain "blood fractions", and that deciding to take or not take the vaccine is up to each JW.

That's the "official" position. Individual JWs are as loony / unloony as any other individuals - some are quite vocal about their position as anti-vaxxers, others are pro-vaccine, etc.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Shameful that they have to wait for “mother” to approve whether or not it’s okay to take the vaccine. None of their business!

• hoser
    hoser

Blood fractions? They must think the average jw doesn’t have the smarts to figure out how an mRNA vaccine is manufactured.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Hoser. You are spot on.

" It is a stark manifestation of the last days"

The reaction in general is like this is rampant pneumonic plague or ebola. Telly just said we(US) may be able to let an extra person in our home by summer🦴

• perdurabo
    perdurabo

Biahi....just like those who will only listen to "government" mummy?

People in Britain will only take their mask off when Boris Johnson....(who gives Lett a run for his money in buffoonery) tells them......

Your average Joe is just as brainwashed as your average dub.

What gets me though...are those who have been though the influence......had an awakening......saw the labelling and the refusal to listen to any opposing viewpoints....and then go on to do it themselves.

Cedars for example......he's on his channel dishing out advice about how dubs are brainwashed and will not listen to other views.

Then he goes on to say......"I'm not interested in "tinfoil hat conspiracies" about covid."

WTF!!....he's just labelled people,like the ones he rails against......and the irony is....he got that label from others....he didn't make it up....he just parrots it....

Someone like him who refuses to look at all angles.....has no right dishing out advice about bias to others.

But hey.....who cares....."thanks for the superchat".

• Overrated
    Overrated

Some Worldly scientists made the vaccine, but it's all Gee-hober. Amazing how they frown on education but rely and benefit from it and delusionally kiss a made up god/ organization for it as if they produced it.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

They the GB that is, are probably not too keen and appreciative of the vaccines coming out now which will save millions of people's lives, for that kind of ruins the plagues are a sign of end times they have been preaching as of late.

Dam higher education had to spoil it for them once again.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Education: 2. Watchtower: 0.

As usual, you think their people would grow a brain and figure it out.

• alanv
    alanv

There are many religious people who worry about what is in the vaccine, and if there is anything in it they are not allowed to have. But the vaccine suppliers have been very clear from the start that there is nothing questionable in the vaccine. Governments are encouraging all to have the vaccine, not because of some political agenda, but because the worlds top doctors and scientists tell us how important it is for us all to have it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit