Theme Songs for Leaving the WTS

by blondie 47 Replies latest jw friends

• greven
    greven

Here are the lyrics: Don't Stop Me Now Words and music by Freddie Mercury Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time I feel alive and the world turning inside out Yeah! And floating around in ecstasy So don't stop me now don't stop me 'Cause I'm having a good time having a good time I'm a shooting star leaping through the sky Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva I'm gonna go go go There's no stopping me I'm burning through the sky Yeah! Two hundred degrees That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit I'm trav'ling at the speed of light I wanna make a supersonic man out of you Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time I'm having a ball don't stop me now If you wanna have a good time just give me a call Don't stop me now ('cause I'm havin' a good time) Don't stop me now (yes I'm havin' a good time) I don't want to stop at all I'm a rocket ship on my way to Mars On a collision course I am a satellite I'm out of control I am a sex machine ready to reload Like an atom bomb about to Oh oh oh oh oh explode I'm burning through the sky Yeah! Two hundred degrees That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit I'm trav'ling at the speed of light I wanna make a supersonic woman of you Don't stop me don't stop me Don't stop me hey hey hey! Don't stop me don't stop me ooh ooh ooh (I like it) Don't stop me don't stop me Have a good time good time Don't stop me don't stop me Ah I'm burning through the sky Yeah! Two hundred degrees That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit I'm trav'ling at the speed of light I wanna make a supersonic man out of you Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time I'm having a ball don't stop me now If you wanna have a good time just give me a call Don't stop me now ('cause I'm havin' a good time) Don't stop me now (yes I'm havin' a good time) I don't want to stop at all Greven

• greven
    greven

And how about htis one? Death On Two Legs (Dedicated To...) Words and music by Freddie Mercury You suck my blood like a leech You break the law and you preach Screw my brain till it hurts You've taken all my money And you want more Misguided old mule with your pig headed rules With your narrow minded cronies Who are fools of the first division Death on two legs You're tearing me apart Death on two legs You've never had a heart of your own Kill joy bad guy big talking small fry You're just an old barrow boy Have you found a new toy to replace me? Can you face me? But now you can kiss my ass goodbye Feel good are you satisfied? Do you feel like suicide? (I think you should) Is your conscience all right Does it plague you at night? Do you feel good feel good? You talk like a big business tycoon You're just a hot air balloon So no one gives you a damn You're just an overgrown schoolboy Let me tan your hide A dog with disease You're the king of the 'sleaze' Put your money where your mouth is Mister know-all Was the fin on your back Part of the deal? (Shark) Death on two legs You're tearing me apart Death on two legs You've never had a heart (you never did) of your own (Right from the start) Insane you should be put inside You're a sewer rat decaying in a cesspool of pride Should be made unemployed Then make yourself null and void Make me feel good I feel good Greven

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

Leave in Silence - Depeche Mode

It's My Life - Talk Talk

It Aint Necessarily So - Bronski Beat

• blondie
    blondie

Wow, these are terrific. I making copies of everything for my file.

Blondie

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Having just left Bethel in NYC, "The Boxer" had a special appeal:

I am just a poor boy though my story's seldom told
    I have squandered my resistance
    For a pocket full of mumbles, such are promises
    All lies in jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest

hmm hmm hmmm

When I left my home and my family, was no more than a boy
    In the company of strangers In the quiet of the railway station running scared
    Laying low seeking out the poorer quarters, Where the ragged people go
    Looking for the places only they would know

lie la lie, lie la la-lie lie la-lie, lie-la lie, lie la la-lie lie la lie la-la la lie lie.

Asking only workman's wages I come looking for a job, but I get no offers
    Just a come on from the [advertising agencies] on {Madison] avenue
    I do declare there were times when I was so lonesome
    I took some comfort there
    la la la ...

lie la lie, lie la la-lie lie la-lie, lie-la lie, lie la la-lie lie la lie la-la la lie lie.

And I am laying out my winter clothes and wishing I was gone, Going home
    Where the New York City winters aren't bleeding me, Leading me, going home

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade
    And he carries the reminders
    Of every glove that laid him down or cut him till he cried out
    In his anger and shame, I am leaving, I am leaving,
    But the fighter still remains hmm hmm hmm

• Auntie Flame
    Auntie Flame

"Take This Job an' Shove It"....and "Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover" (for those who'd like to have a life but haven't figured out how to leave the Steppford colony behind)

Auntie Flame ;)

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Judas Priest
    You've Got Another Thing Coming

Hold life, I'm gonna live it up I'm taking flight, I said I'll never give it up Stand tall, I'm a-young and kinda proud I'm on the top as long as the music's loud If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by You're thinking like a fool, cause it's a case of do or die Out there is a fortune waiting to be had If you think I'll let it go, you're mad You've got another thing coming You've got another thing coming That's right, here's where the talking ends Listen mister next there'll be some action spent Drive hard, calling all the shots I've got an ace car coming down the road If you think I'll sit around while they chip away my brain Listen, I ain't fooling, and you'd better think again Out there is a fortune waiting to be had You think I'll let it go, you're mad You've got another thing coming You've got another thing coming You've got another thing coming In this world we're living here We have our share of sorrows The answer now is don't give in To any foreign use of power Oh so hot, no time to take a rest, Yeah There just ain't room for second best Real strong, got me some security I have a big smash, I'm going for infinity, Yeah If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by You're thinking like a fool, cause it's a case of do or die Out there is a fortune waiting to be had You think I'll let it go, you're mad You've got another thing coming You've got another thing coming
  • teenyuck
    teenyuck

Pink Floyd

Comfortably Numb

Hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone at home? Come on, now, I hear you're feeling down. Well I can ease your pain Get you on your feet again. Relax. I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts. Can you show me where it hurts? There is no pain you are receding A distant ship, smoke on the horizon. You are only coming through in waves. Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying. When I was a child I had a fever My hands felt just like two balloons. Now I've got that feeling once again I can't explain you would not understand This is not how I am. I have become comfortably numb. O.K. Just a little pinprick. There'll be no more aaaaaaaaah! But you may feel a little sick. Can you stand up? I do believe it's working, good. That'll keep you going through the show Come on it's time to go. There is no pain you are receding A distant ship, smoke on the horizon. You are only coming through in waves. Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying. When I was a childI caught a fleeting glimpse Out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone I cannot put my finger on it now The child is grown,The dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb.
  • blondie
    blondie

Man, is my musical repertoire (sp?) growing. Pink Floyd, eh?

50 Ways to Leave Your LoverPaul Simon
    - words and music by Paul Simon

The problem is all inside your head she said to me
    The answer is easy if you take it logically
    I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free
    There must be fifty ways to leave Watchtower (your lover)

She said it's really not my habit to intrude
    Furthermore, I hope my meaning won't be lost or misconstrued
    But I'll repeat myself at the risk of being crude
    Fifty ways to leave Watchtower (your lover)

You just slip out the back, Jack
    Make a new plan, Stan
    You don't need to be coy, Roy
    Just get yourself free
    Hop on the bus, Gus
    You don't need to discuss much
    Just drop off the key, Lee
    And get yourself free

She said it grieves me so to see you in such pain
    I wish there was something I could do to make you smile again
    I said I appreciate that and would you please explain
    About the fifty ways

She said why don't we both just sleep on it tonight
    And I believe in the morning you'll begin to see the light
    And then she kissed me and I realized she probably was right
    Fifty ways to leave Watchtower (your lover)

You just slip out the back, Jack
    Make a new plan, Stan
    You don't need to be coy, Roy
    Just get yourself free
    Hop on the bus, Gus
    You don't need to discuss much
    Just drop off the key, Lee
    And get yourself free

and my version of Sound of Silence

Hello Barbara, my old friend
    I've come to talk with you again
    Because visions of glory softly creeping
    Left its seeds while I was sleeping
    And the vision that was planted in my brain
    Still remains
    Within the sound of shaming

In restless dreams I walked alone
    Narrow streets of WitnessZone

'Neath the halo of a street lamp
    I turn my collar to the cold and damp
    When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a brighter light
    That split the night
    And touched the sound of shaming

And in the brighter light I saw
    Ten thousand people maybe more
    People talking without speaking
    People hearing without listening
    People speaking words that voices never heard
    No one dared
    Disturb the sound of shaming

"Fools," said I, "you do not know
    Shaming like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you"
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of shaming

And the people bowed and prayed
    To the Watchtower god they made
    And the sign flashed out its warning
    In the words that it was forming
    And the sign said "The words of the prophets are written on the Watchtower walls
    And kingdom halls
    And whispered in the sound of shaming

Blondie (singing)

• Soledad
    Soledad

"Break Out" by Swing out Sister
    when explanations make no sense
    when every answer is wrong
    you're fighting with lost confidence
    only expectations gone

the time has come to make a break
    move on, don't hesitate