2 sisters called today

by stan livedeath 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

Stan- You may have made more impact than you think. The older JWs DO care about the money. They have been the ones financing both the borg and their local KH for all these years, and they have a certain expectation of how that money is spent. The young JWs in general are not big money contributors. In most congregations it is the elders and the old folks that are regular with donations. Add that to the fact that most old folks have a fixed income and I guarantee they think about the money.

And I agree that staying 30 minutes at your door, when you already told them you were DF says something about their level of interest in what you had to say. Well done!

• mrquik
    mrquik

I know what you mean Stan. I have a number of older ex JW's I would like to check in on but I know it would have no effect other than pissing both them & me off. So I let them be. They have no life outside of the cult.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Stan livedeath - "2 sisters called today..."

For some reason, I can't get the phrase "gentleman caller" out of my head...

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    i told them i had quit the cult--yes--i used the c word---40 odd years ago---and that my own daughter shuns me--and ive never even met my 4 grand-daughters. Yet they still were willing to talk to me-

That is really surprising. Most JWs would immediately excuse themselves. It must have not registered with them, if they even understood you.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    Vidiot: For some reason, I can't get the phrase "gentleman caller" out of my head...

how's your glass menagerie?

"She lives in a world of her own – a world of – little glass ornaments..."

• dogon
    dogon

As with all religions the JW cult can act as a surrogate family. They use this as a tool to keep members in line. If you don't do as you are told than you lose your family. It works. There was a time long past I had contemplated staying in to keep my standing with family and friends. I could not do that. Its not worth living a lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit