Dutch government look for possibility to revoke JW charity status (=tax breaks) after JW refuse independent investigation re. abuse

by Anders Andersen 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Well, the title says it all. The Dutch government will look into the possibility to revoke the charity status of JW after they refused to cooperate in the child abuse scandal.

The government urged the JW to start an independent investigation into the JW child abuse issues, and after some stalling the JW flatout refused. Unfortunately the government can't really force them.

The chance that the charity status is actually revoked is very small as there appears to be no legal basis to do so, but right now the government and house of representatives are very annoyed with JW.

And in the meantime the DA will continue their investigation based on the victims officially reporting abuse to the police.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

As JW's, we were always told (and bragged to non-JW's) that we will always "obey the superior authorities," unless it conflicted with God's laws - i.e. "pay Caesar's things to Caeser...."

The business corporations of the CCoJW's/WTBTS who masquerade as Bible-based organizations, unashamedly reveal their true colours whenever money is involved or at risk.

May their blatant contempt for governments and the judiciary continue, because the authorities are waking up to their arrogance - even if most JW's aren't!

• Whynot
    Whynot

It makes me sick that they refuse to cooperate with authorities over child sexual abuse. They make up all these rules for the members but somehow these don't apply to them. I just don't understand how they can justify this.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    I hope their charitable status does get revoked.
  • Simon
    Simon

They don't do any charitable work whatsoever, the idea that they qualify as a charity when they are a slave-labor based publishing and real-estate company is ridiculous even if they weren't also covering up child abuse.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

HOW JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WILL VIEW IT:

Image result for persecution

• fulano
    fulano

Is there an article were they anounce this investigation of the possibility of revoking the status,?

Dutch is no problem, I read the language.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@fulano,

I collected some news items here: https://www.reddit.com/r/exjg/comments/8llqfk/in_het_nieuws_minister_wil_intrekken_anbi_status

The actual meeting of the minister with part of the house of representatives can be watched here: https://debatgemist.tweedekamer.nl/debatten/zeden?start=7566

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It was gonna happen in a progressive, democratic country sooner or later (Russia doesn't count IMO).

Here we go, folks...

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

"...suffer little children.."...how true...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit