Chilean Flag: 4th Kingdom Hall photographed with it

by ILoveTTATT2 23 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It's right up there with the UN membership issue!

How, just how can you explain or justify this GB?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Is an overlapping neutrality.
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    Every year, more and more JW's wake up from this. Even though only 4 different KH´s have been photographed, the evidence is enough for reasonable people to conclude that the phenomenon is real.
  • pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

I happen to be in Chile (Antofagasta) right now. Tomorrow, I will walk up the hill to the Kingdom Hall and see if they have a flag. The 18th was "Fiestas Patrias", so there are literally Flags everywhere. I will send pictures if there is a one.

pseudo

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    @pseudoxristos it would be great to have a few more pictures to show the dubbies.
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Thanks! I hope that particular hall still has the flag up! I would looove to go next year and take a survey of how many halls have the flags and how many don´t

• steve2
    steve2

The astonishing thing is, the punishment in Chile for failing to display the national flag on public buildings, including those set aside as places of worship, is a monetary fine. That's it. You pay a fine.

You don't face imprisonment or a public flogging if you refuse to display it.

Why don't they maintain their integrity and pay the price??

All of a sudden, "It's only a flag" becomes the JW catchcry as they feebly attempt to justify their capitulation. Meanwhile, in other parts of the earth - and in the past, JWs have suffered significant losses - including of life - for refusing to obey Caesar over displaying the flag - especially at a place of worship, the Kingdom Hall.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

And how different is this, exactly, from a "political party" card you keep in your wallet in a country that has only one political party?

Or signing an oath to uphold a secular constitution in order to obtain a passport?

• steve2
    steve2

An earlier post included a letter from headquarters outlining the rationale for displaying the flag. Wished I had copied it.

I notice under "Related Topics", earlier posts on this issue are not listed.

• wifibandit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit