God! No one really cares!!!!

by JaniceA 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

There are exposes right and left. Australia, Canada , UK, USA. News reports, court cases. No one really seems to give a shit. There are JWs in the airports! No ones talking but that guy sitting there doesn’t care and doesn’t want to know. He has happy family crap sitting on his cart and you know that statistically he is not communicating with at least one member of his family.

They dont care. Their human consciences have been mutated and perverted. They will give up their lives happily to serve the Borg.

im so damn sick of it! I want to collectively shake some sense into the lot of them but it was already shaken out completely , apparently.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

You are correct. Nobody cares. The jw’s are a paltry 8 million world wide. They are important only to us because we once shared their pov. Outside of that i wouldnt give one single damn either.

Dont let it frustrate you.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

You are right. Ones like my mother have latched onto the idea of eternal life in a paradise and no amount of scandal and evidence that JW are just another false religion, will shake her from her resolve to do exactly as they say in order to get there.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Signs that you are wasting your life. Dylan Woon, educator and avid learner.

1) Dwelling on the past. (2)Worrying about the future (3) Attending events that aren't helpful (4) Spent time with the wrong people. (5)Trying to change someone (6) Not pursuing your goals. And we can add, Cart work...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Open public awareness is a good thing and can effect change.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/1f/e8/05/1fe805fc953d9105ce324c38ad22cfd5.jpg

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    They dont care. Their human consciences have been mutated and perverted. They will give up their lives happily to serve the Borg.

So sorry that you seem so frustrated. I'm not sure that what you see is the whole picture, though. First, some do care. Second, opening their eyes and restoring their critical minds is a process for some people. However, yes, some people don't care.

Some people love their little JW happy bubble and see nothing else but what makes them comfy and gives them a sense of security. No easy answers, no quick fixes.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Everyone has something that they become preoccupied by. It was WT and now its politics, painting, drinking, entertainment or even religion part two. Find something you like and ignore the JDrubs. Keep it simple.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sooner or later though with all this crap hitting the fan people will start to care though I share your frustration it does take a long time for any thing constructive to come out of it.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    They dont care. Their human consciences have been mutated and perverted.

With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion.”
    Steven Weinberg

• steve2
    steve2

JW organization has hurt you enough. Don't put yourself at the mercy of hoping JWs will wake up and say to you:

"You are absolutely right. We have a real problem in the way we respond to allegations of child sexual abuse and we need to listen to what others are saying."

JWs will respond in a manner that "protects" their beliefs - that is what practically all religious people do when they believe they are being assailed over their beliefs.

And, yes, as others have said, JWs are a very, very small group which is not to minimize the impact on individuals but to get a much-needed sense of proportion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit