What does this WT Study Article mean to you???????

by plmkrzy 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rocketman
    rocketman

Blacksheep, I am actually thinking of staying home. After attending over 30 Memorials, and feeling like a person who attends a wedding in which the groom is invisible and the bride doesn't show up, I'm thinking of not going. What's the real meaning of it for those who don't partake anyway?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    What's the real meaning of it for those who don't partake anyway?
    Interesting side note is that at the first celebration there was only one guy that was invited who didn't eat and drink and he proved to be the most cursed among all men being Judas Iscariot .

lol

• Loris
    Loris

Interesting side note is that at the first celebration there was only one guy that was invited who didn't eat and drink and he proved to be the most cursed among all men being Judas Iscariot .

Heathen

If you re-read all of the Gospel accounts you will realize that Judas was there and did partake. Jesus did not prejudge him. Judas had not betrayed his Master yet. There was still time for him to turn around and not betray Jesus. There was no reason for Jesus to exclude Judas. He had stuck with Jesus the same as the rest. He chose to betray Jesus after the evening meal was finished.

Loris

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

12 Anointed Christians are absolutely sure that they have the heavenly calling. But what if some individuals who lack this call have been partaking of the Memorial emblems? Now aware that they never had the heavenly hope, surely their conscience will compel them to sop partaking. God would not look with favor upon anyone representing himself as a person called to be a heavenly king and priest when he knew that he really did not have such a calling. Jehovah executed the Levite Korah for presumptuously seeking the Aaronic priesthood. If any Christian comes to realize that he has wrongly partaken of the Memorial emblems, he or she should stop partaking and humbly pray for Jehovah’s forgiveness.

13 The death of a mate or some other tragedy might cause them to lose interest in life on hearth. Or they might desire the same destiny as a close friend who professes to be an anointed Christian.

14 The false religious idea that all good people go to heaven might lead some to think that they have the heavenly calling. For instance, some might ask themselves: “Do I use medications that affect my emotions?” Am I inclined to have deep emotions that I could misjudge?”

15 A few might ask themselves: “Do I want to be prominent? Am I ambitious for authority now or as a future joint heir with Christ?”

16 Some may have concluded that they have the heavenly calling because they have acquired considerable Bible knowledge.

Summary:

• If you take the emblems, you could be executed like rebellious Korah!!!
    • If you take the emblems, you might be crazy
    • If you take the emblems, you might be a part of Babylon the Great with false teachings
    • If you take the emblems, you might be a fool with wishful thinking who is following a friend
    • If you take the emblems, you might be proud
    • If you take the emblems, you might be looking for power and authority

I'm not sure... but I get the impression that they don't want so many people to be taking the emblems any more.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    the writing is so insipid and uninspired. At least when Franz was alive, he made us feel good as we were lied to.

Nice one, Pistoff.

Refiners Fire ; You would not want to scoff the bread emblems - tastes like cardboard . After taking the Memorial once, I got to take the stuff home. Only tastes good with cheese ,washed down by the leftover Memorial wine

The article is strange. Do they really want to put the frighteners on a wavering partaker? Yes, I suppose they do since the numbers are going the wrong way . Funny that ! I used at one time to say that the "Spirit" was clearly behind the arrangement since the numbers were reducing annually ,wheras human nature would be attracted to taking emblems. Not so today, is it?

And finally, Do they really need to tell them not overfill the glass and spill it ? (p19), Dumb klutz.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    Do they really need to tell them not overfill the glass and spill it ? (p19), Dumb klutz.

Yes for the same reason they have to tell JWs to take showers and clean their homes. Probably soon they will have to tell them to be sure to wipe their asses. They're not the brightest group around ...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Yes for the same reason they have to tell JWs to take showers and clean their homes. Probably soon they will have to tell them to be sure to wipe their asses. They're not the brightest group around ...

...snif..snif.........snif...looks around............jumps up...runs out into the court yard leaps into the pool, all the kids swimming get out and run home crying.

oh yeh buddy, the filthiest people on earth. puleeeeeeeeeeeez. Are you saying you never cleaned your house until you stopped going to the meetings?

Blacksheep, I am actually thinking of staying home. After attending over 30 Memorials, and feeling like a person who attends a wedding in which the groom is invisible and the bride doesn't show up, I'm thinking of not going.

I stayed home from the memorial for the first time last year. I feltt guilty for not going....for awhile.

But the more I thought about it over the months the more I realized showing up at a place of stucko isn't exactly what Jesus meant in the first palce. So I don't regret not going now. I feel I have a better view point now then I did then. At least for me anyway.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/wtstudypage1.html

OK I fixed the pages so it is much easier to read them and go from page to page and back again

for those who still want to read the articles, both on the memorial pages 12 thru 22 of the WT.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Along with daffodils and crocuses poking through the snow, one sure sign of Spring is the annual ``Don't You Dare Partake!" article from the boys In Brooklyn/Patterson.. The stubborn refusal of that 8,000 some-odd remnant headcount to go down, and even increase in some years, is clearly troubling to them.

• artful
    artful

Thanks for posting this article plmkrzy! This has drawn my attention to a very obvious contradiction regarding the "sons of God" when comparing this article to a Jan 15/03 study article. I will be posting this observation in a new thread entitled "WT contradiction - are the other sheep sons of God or not"

For what it's worth, here's my take on the "should you partake" question:

Our physical baptism is said to be an outward symbol of our dedication to God (and Christ). There is no restriction as to which "class" of Christian should be baptized. In fact to be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is a direct command of Jesus (Matt 28).

To parallel this:

The physical (symbolic) partaking of the body and blood of Christ is an outward symbol of our recognition that Christ is the Messiah and our acceptance of him as our personal redeemer. Jesus, and his disciples put no restrictions as to which "class" of Christian could partake of his body and blood. In fact to "keep doing this in remembrance of me" was a DIRECT COMMAND from Jesus! To the first century Christians the partaking of Christ's body and blood signified their acceptance of him as the Christ, and their faith in him as their personal savior.

So regardless of whether we consider ourselves part of a heavenly or earthly class, the outward symbol of baptism and the partaking of Christ's' blood and body are direct commands from Jesus which are to be carried out by all Christians.

Cheers

Artful

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit