by NikL 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Me too, okay??

SS

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Good News!

Jehover has provided me with Spiritual Food at the Proper time through one of is Faithless and Indiscrete slaves.

Here are a few of the nice new features of the new 2001 WT Library CD...

Single Window Interface Everything is now integrated into a singe window interface with a "browser" feel. There is even a "back" button in the upper left corner.

Better search capabilities (Finally!!!!) Now you can control the scope of word matches. You have three choices: Article, Paragraph, and Sentence. You can also control the type of search you perform: All Words, Any Words, Phrase, and Boolean. Once you open an article, you can do a search withen that article by pressing CTRL-F.

Better Text Management You can now "Cut-and-Paste" text from the library to any editor you may have. That annoying button that would "send" the text to an editor in a dialog box is now gone.

Hyperlinks and Tool tips Key words and scriptures are highlighted and behave like hyperlinks. You can also do a Mouse-Over and get a tool tip that quotes a given scripture or reference. There is also a new related feature called "Open Study Window". You can right-click on a highlighted word and open it in a separate window.

Pronounce Remember having to stumble through a talk trying to pronounce some of those names? You're salvation has arrived! Just right-click on a difficult word and select "Pronounce" from the menu.

Favorites The "Project" feature is now gone and replaced with Web style "Favorites"... just highlight a given text and save it as a Favorite. You can create sub-folders for grouping favorites.

• zev
    zev

add me to the list of email contacts please.

have broadband, will download, ok?

• ISP
    ISP

er..........can we have a copy for the UK!?

ISP

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I'd love to get ahold of one, too.

If I had one, I could burn copies, as well. Strictly for backup purposes, of course.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I would love to get ahold of an ISO if possible. I don't have enough FTP space to hold it though. I might make my PC an FTP server if that would help. Let me know! Thanks.

• greatXP
    greatXP

how can i have a copy of this cd?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hmmmmmmm...

• Jourles
    Jourles

There is one thing I wanted to bring up about this new CD. After seeing the setup, file structure, and lack of copy protection on the CD, there is no need to make an ISO image from the disk. A simple "copy and paste" is all that is needed. You can copy it directly to your hard drive, or to another CD. For instance, put the disk in your drive and go to Windows Explorer. Highlight all of the files and folders on the CD, hit copy and then paste them to a folder on your hard drive. Run Setup and you're done. Once you copy the files, you can also add them into a zipped file through WinZip if you have it(free program). As long as the person unzipping the file retains the original folder structure, it works just the same as copying it directly from the CD.

I thought I would bring this up just in case some folks were lost in the lingo with "ISO" and such. Some people would not know what to do with an ISO file. So for their benefit --- KISS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit