New Library CD Rom

by NikL 18 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

My active JW wife just asked me to install the new CD rom watchtower library on her computer. I was reading the licencing agreement and it stated that it was for Jehovahs witnesses only and not for the general public.

Why would that be do you suppose? I mean if this is such important info wouldn't they want to distribute it as much as possible? These are the life giving truths from Jehovah and his son Jesus after all right?

Just curious to me that active dubs see no problem with keeping this spiritual food to themselves.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I don't think its as much a matter of their being stingy with "spiritual food" as it is in making sure the WT get it's financial cut from cd sales placements orders. This information can just as easily be distributed over the web, FOR FREE for rank and file members to use.

I just happen to be in possesion of said CD. An ISO can easily be created, uploaded, and shared with as many people who are interested in having it.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I agree. If their purpose is to distribute as much life giving truth as possible, it makes no sense to restrict its distribution.

They should encourage people to share their files. Unless perhaps, its all about money.

• Jourles
    Jourles

95storm,

Have you already made an ISO of the Cd? How large is it? I am still waiting for our CD to come in and a few of us here have expressed interest in hosting copies of the newest CD over the web. What kind of format is the text in? Something proprietary? Adobe?(couldn't get that lucky I assume) Is it possible to export entire publications? Can you maybe provide some screenshots of what it looks like? Any extra information would be great.

Thanks,

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

I would love to get my hands on a copy of the whole cd. I suppose it would take an awful long time to get the whole thing on the web so it could be downloaded from anyone that wanted to?

• Francois
    Francois

95stormfront, go for it. Put that sucker up. Let's all have a looksee.

francois

• ballistic
    ballistic

I think you're better off putting it on IRC or KaZaa, I wouldn't put it on a web site as such as you could be traced or your ISP asked to remove it, unless you put it somewhere on the web and dont disclose the address except by email or something along those lines.

I certainly could do with updating my copy!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

A screenshot copy of the "limited distribution" comments is up at:

http://www.dannyhaszard.com/wtlib2001.jpg

Thanks to Danny Haszard!

Randy

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If someone has the ISO to this, please email me. I might be able to help make "life's water free" (Rev. 22:17) .

[email protected]

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I'll be taking this discussion offline to private email to the senior and emperor class posters above tommorrow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit