Political Corectness must stop

by Adam 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Adam
    Adam

Please pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following Multiple Choice test. (The events are actual cuts from past history. They actually happened! Do you remember?)

1. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by:
    a. Olga Corbitt
    b. Sitting Bull
    c. Arnold Schwartzeneger
    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1979, the U. S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:
    a. Lost Norwegians
    b. Elvis
    c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women
    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

3. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

a. John Dillinger
    b. The King of Sweden
    c. The Boy Scouts

4. In 1983, the U. S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
    a. A pizza delivery boy
    b. Pee Wee Herman
    c. Geraldo Rivera

5. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and
    thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:
    a. The Smurfs
    b. Davy Jones
    c. The Little Mermaid

6. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a U.S. Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:
    a. Captain Kid
    b. Charles Lindberg
    c. Mother Teresa

7. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
    a. Scooby Doo
    b. The Tooth Fairy
    c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

8. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
    a. Richard Simmons
    b. Grandma Moses
    c. Michael Jordan

9. In 1998, the U. S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
    a. Mr. Rogers
    b. Hillary, to distract attention from Wild Bill' s women problems
    c. The World Wrestling Federation

10. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted to a crash by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by:
    a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
    b. The Supreme Court of Florida
    c. Mr. Bean

11. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
    a. Enron
    b. The Lutheran Church
    c. The NFL

12. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
    a. Bonny and Clyde
    b. Captain Kangaroo
    c. Billy Graham

Nope, ......... I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you?

So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, Secret Service agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning former Governors.

When the IRA was pursuing a compaign of terrorism, how would it have helped the British government to spend man-hours survailing and/or searching recent immagrents from Laos? When idealizm directly and with undeniable clarity contradicts logic, it is no longer idealism, it is insanity. Political Correctness in the United states has gone overboard in the worst way and is now directly affecting national security.

I am not intending to incite hate, I could post a number of examples where PC has gotten out of hand. Peoples lives have been ruined thru PC-motivated lawsuits, public officials have been forced to leave office for innocent use of the word "niggardly," and there are countless other illustrations of PC out of controll. I have chosen to use the example of security screeners at airports because of the dire reprecussions it poses to my country.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I'm of the opinion that people need to be offended from time to time. It keeps things in perspective.

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Great Post! Too bad the majority here will not agree with you, for fear of being "politically incorrect".

• Simon
    Simon

You could equally do a survey where every answer was "American troops" or "British troops" and so on.

However, I'm all for a halt to political correctness.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I have to completely agree with you Adam. We have to look at who is posing the greater threat. Right now it happens to be people of middle eastern decent or those who look like they are ARE the greater threat. They are the ones tryin to kill us. Why waste time looking into Al Gore's stuff when Ahmed Bin Atal the person next in line?

Eric of the not so PC class

• Adam
    Adam

I must give credit to an online friend. The last two paragraphs are the only ones penned by myself. The first part was posted on another site, on a board I moderate/host called the PC Patroll. I will post the link to give credit but strongly caution everyone that the board and the site can be decidedly harsh and offensive. You have been warned. http://pub47.ezboard.com/fthefukkyouforums3frm32.showMessage?topicID=115.topic

• dubla
    dubla

adam-

great post......and regardless of what the government says, or actions it takes, to remain "pc" in the public eye, a certain amount of profiling is here to stay. it will incite anger in many, and it will also no doubt save lives......maybe some of the same people who are so emphatically against it.

aa

• Gollum
    Gollum

I think you missed one.

12. April 19, 1995 A bomb rips through the Alfred P. Murrah Federal building, killing 168 people. This act was perpetrated by which of the following:

1.) Muslum extremists between the ages of 19 and 40.

2.) Kathy Lee Gifford

3.) Fred Astaire

4.) White male rednecks.

I think that we should be screening for large belt buckles and cowboy hats.

Actually, I don't disagree with you that most of the screening that goes on is silly and ineffecual. I just think that being simplistic in our response to it will do more harm than good. I was two blocks from a bomb going off in the 80's, which scared the hell out of me. Who placed it? White supremacists. It's a big old ugly world, and pretending that bad guys only come in one flavor will just get you blindsided.

• Adam
    Adam

Yes, bad people come in all shapes and colors. But if you are targeting the KKK because they have become especially violent lately you will waste time, effort, and resources if you start asking all the blacks and all the Jews a bunch of questions. Time, effort, and resources that may have been spent saving lives by focusing on white hicks from Alabama. Targeting Muslim extremists terrorists at airports is no different, yet because of the demand for political correctness, we are unable to use logic and reality in our efforts. Instead we are supposed to think that even a hint of knowledge- and reality-based bias is a million times worse than letting the bad guys in so they can kill mom. I dissagree.

• Sargon
    Sargon

Good points Adam:

Do you know what the worlds longest undefended national border is??

It's the one between Canada and the United States. The reason for this is that these two countries have not gone to war against each other since 1814. For most of this time both countries have experienced a long period of mutual growth and prosperity.

There was a front page article in my local paper the other day about the Arab Canadian Federation complaining about racial profiling at the border. Apparently Canadian Citizens born in certain target countries are being subjected to lengthy delays in trying to enter the United States. They are objecting to the fact that they are being fingerprinted, photoed, and searched.

Well duh!!! Why do they think this might be? They feel that as Canadian citizens they should be exempt from this. I say Bull Shit. America's security, and our long-earned international co-operation is at stake here. Enterring a foreign country is a priviledge not a right. And our freedom of access is one earned by our ancestors.

During the 1850's up until WWII, Americans of Irish descent had a very difficult time entering Canada. Why? Because a handful of them were coming over here to blow up our British institutions. Damn Fenians.

Keep vigilant America, beware the Arab in Canadian clothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit