Door-to-Door Work - Most Inneffective Work of the 21st Century

by Black Man 52 Replies latest jw friends

• annielaurie51
    annielaurie51

Hello Everyone..... I am new here and have been trying to post with a reply for months. Finally have gotten through. Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love all the posts that are put up. The door to door work sapped blood, sweat and tears from many of us. I remember many years ago being so very zealous and sincere with other jw's. After all that was said and done, we've been nothing but pawns and puppets for the former"glorious ones". Yes, all the cost is at the expense of the "publishers", and not just in monetary figures. My heart still aches for those who are still in, and for those who sense things aren't right with the org but are too full of fear to leave. F=false E=evidence A=appearing R=real!!!!!.....wasn't this the disgusting recipe that gripped many of us???

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

The door to door work sapped blood, sweat and tears from many of us.

Annie, congratulations on your first post! My family and I could retire on the wasted money, cars and time we devoted to the service just trying to average at least 15 hours a month to pay for our ticket to paradise! In South Dakota many times it was blood sweat and tears working rural areas in the hot summer or cold winter. We were so blinded! Yes, as someone said in an earlier post on this topic-if the WTS had to pay to get this work done, it just would be over so quickly. And to add insult to injury, recruit folks to a isolationist, cult! We should have at least offered cookies like the girl scouts! At least we could have made some friends and provided some thing harmless!

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I don't know about ineffective, but definitely stupidest work, and most annoying work.

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

What bothers me most is that a new term was introduced at the latest District Convention: "Doorstep Bible Study". Translation (according to me): Even if you are never invited in; as long as you talk to someone for a few minutes on a regular basis, wham! bang! you've got yo 'self a bible study! Using this method, I guaran-ass-tee that this will surely inflate the number of BS (Bible Studies) conducted. I predict that there will be a substantial "increase" of Bible Studies over the next few months (at least).

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

I've read somewhere that actually going from door-to-door would've been impossible in the jewish (or was it greek?) social system of that time. It was more likely that the houses that were being referred to were the house of worship. You never read of Jesus going into people's houses to preach to them, always went to the synagogue unless he was invited to dinner. I think the preaching of the apostles in the hellenistic areas was mostly done in overseas synagogues and in public places like the place where philosophers would come and discuss things. A modern equivalent would be that place in England where any ordinary person stands on top of a box and speaks; brits will know what I'm talking about.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Very good posts from everybody. Perhaps we should send a bill to the WTB&TS charging them at least $10.00 per hour for our time. After all, we were and ARE lied to and were "tricked" into servitude!

• Black Man
    Black Man

You're so right.....I wonder if we pro-rated all the work done for the publishing company, how much reparations would be owed to us.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

bumped because my very first post was on this thread

• shamus100
    shamus100

Fantastic observations too.

This is the cornerstone of the dub religion... they say that they cover the territory once a year... BULLSHIT. I've never been contacted at my home once. BULLSHIT. And I only faded...

Jehovah help me...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and there is still loads of unnassigned territory within a 50 mile radius of me -some territory has not been covered for at least two years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit