Repentance verses Compassion.

by The Rebel 10 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I was often told that the only disfellowshipping offence for a J.W. is non repentance.

What then is non repentance to the W.T?

My answer " rejecting " W.T" doctrine and rules that demand repentance.

Now the truth is I do reject " W.T" doctrine and rules. If I were not to reject these doctrines and rules I would be rejecting myself. Because of this choice I can now do what I think is right with my life, not what I am told is right by the W.T. As a consequence I have personal freedom in my life.

With that personal freedom I have decided that I won't repent to the W.T for rejecting their doctrines and laws that demand repentance. I have discovered the greatest benefit of this decision is that by being non repentant I have become a more compassionate person.

It would therefore be a little hypocritical of me to criticise those awakened to the W.T.that remain in the organisation for what ever reason and what ever position they hold. Personally I have chosen to fade and not disassociate.

I would however for greater understanding like to ask, how posters have handled awakening to the W.T. I can imagine this has produced some very sympathetic and difficult personal decision making?

The Rebel.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The watchtower should repent for all the lives it's ruined and had taken in it's name (for money).

I have said this before, but if the governing body were given the death penalty and they couldn't find someone to throw the switch or push the buttons...I volunteer! and I bloody well would do it too.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Punk, not quite the answer I was expecting. But it gives me a great money making scheme.

hurry! hurry! No time to loose, buy your lottery ticket and you may be the lucky winner, to throw the switch on the G.B. All you need to do is send your enclosed lucky number and either in not more than 10,000 words, or not less than 100 reasons explain why you should be the deserving winner.

The Rebel

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

What I learnt from my witness friends was that as a questioning "brother " i was a pest. If I asked to many questions, my "brothers" got rid of the friendship. I also learnt one good turn deserves another, so I got rid of my " brothers" as friends.

The Rebel.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Reb - A limited number of tickets.....limited to 144,000.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If I were not to reject these doctrines and rules I would be rejecting myself.

They would say that your fundamental problem is "pride". You need to humble yourself before Jehovah and His Organization and His Guardians of Doctrine (GODs).

Doc

• vinman
    vinman
    I agree wholeheartedly, that leaving the Watchtower has made me far more compassionate. I have so much more space in my heart for people, and not my "status" as a "spiritual" person. At the same time, I realised that I don't need all the ones in the hall that have abandoned me. The fact that I am not disfellowshipped, just shows how shallow that "love" is. I don't even think of anyone in that place. I feel complete without them. And that includes my mother as well. If someone wants to "repent" for how they have treated me, I will welcome with open arms. Until then...
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    You rock Vinman. Loved your post! Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Vinman.

Thanks for the post.

My reason for starting many of my threads is the search for such inspirational thoughts.

Before I found this site I was very resentful of elders. I have since discoverd, a puzzle that is more complicated to piece together. My hope with this thread is to increase my deeper understanding of how our awakened posters cope by having to remain inside the organisation.

The Rebel.

• fukitol
    fukitol
    Oh hooray, yet another thread started by the latest neurotic newbie addicted to starting new threads on an almost daily basis. Yawn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit