The Road To Paradise Is Paved In Stupidity

by freemindfade 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    If we were created; for the sole purpose of worshipping god, that would imply he is haughty, self-important, arrogant, selfish and a megalomaniac. Since we are encouraged to imitate him we'd better all start behaving like assholes. God must have been proud that Adolf Hitler had these same qualities
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Secret Slave Class: Since we are encouraged to imitate him we'd better all start behaving like assholes. God must have been proud that Adolf Hitler had these same qualities

Yes but poor old Adolf didn't have a second death or a lake of fire to deal with his mentally diseased. He being just a mortal had to contend with extermination camps and ovens.

At least god has the loving provision to use his spirit directed organization and people to clean the human mentally diseased debris.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Acts 17:11. Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thes·sa·lo·niʹca, for they accepted the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

That means they had to use LOGIC and REASONING...not just emotion.

Romans 12:1. Therefore, I appeal to you by the compassions of God, brothers, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, a sacred service with your power of reason.

That means using ones REASONING and THINKING ability....

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Get rid of your brain and become a "loving", brainless, loyal JW zombie. "God's spirit directed organisation" hates people who think because Jehovah hates people who think...just OBEY or you will be lovingly killed in "God's loving provision" at Armageddon.
  • pixel
    pixel

There was a part on the symposium about managing your family resources. It was basically about having enough budgeted to give to the organization.

Thanks for the heads-up. When Ms. Pixel asks "if we are giving $$ to the borg"? I will be ready to say of course.

But of course zero! nada!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Looking down into the auditorium too, there must have been a dozen separate contribution boxes just in the main assembly hall down the isles. As I am looking down at this during the session, I was thinking you cannot tell me that is vastly different from passing a plate!

Although like their rapture belief now, they will say its not on a small technicality. But it is. In that talk they said "budgeting to support kingdom interests". So how far away do we think they are from tithing??? I can hear it now.

Rational thinker: "We are tithing now? Isn't that what we've condemned"

Watchtower: "No we aren't"

Rational thinker: "but its pretty similar"

Watchtower: "WE don't tithe"

Rational thinker: "We do!"

Watchtower: "It doesn't have the same connotation, so we don't tithe"

Rational thinker: *googles jehovahs witnesses*

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

http://biblehub.com/1_john/5-20.htm

Most use "understanding."

I hate that word because of it's use in the legal arena.

• sir82
    sir82
    Enjoyment of the JW lifestyle is inversely proportional to the square of the IQ of the JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit