The Road To Paradise Is Paved In Stupidity

by freemindfade 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

At the special assembly day (SAD) imitate the desert god.

Here is a word for word quote from the CO during the baptism talk

"An intellectual approach to the truth will not lead to everlasting life"...

• steve2
    steve2
    The Witnesses once zealously 'reasoned' on Scripture, boldly defending their faith. No more. They don't apologize for leaving the ' explaining' over to the GB. And if it doesn't add up, worry not. It's not supposed to, from worldly and false religious angles.
  • blondie
    blondie

I thought there are only two 1-day circuit assemblies now and SADs were phased out?

What does intellect mean and to have it?

mind, brain(s), intelligence, reason, understanding, thought, brainpower, sense, judgment, wisdom, wits

(1 John 5:20) 20 But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us intellectual capacity that we may gain the knowledge of the true one. . . .

*** w10 9/1 p. 12 Guard Against Being Deceived ***

Use what Jehovah God has given you. First of all, he has given you intellectual capacity so that you can distinguish truth from falsehood. (1 John 5:20)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What he meant was, "STFU and contribute to the GB's nest-egg!"

DD

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Blondie I think you are correct. But I like the acronym SAD.

There was a part on the symposium about managing your family resources. It was basically about having enough budgeted to give to the organization.

Also the public discourse was blatantly hypocritical. About what God thinKS of religion. Whole thing was patting the organization on the back and trashing other religions for thinga the organization is totally guilty of. It was vomit worthy

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Makes you wonder why the desert God even gave us brains. If all he wants is a bunch of robots he surely could have left out the "thinking" portion of the brain.

Also really makes you wonder what kind of quality of life will exist in the supposed "paradise" earth.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I thought to myself there is your chance to run baptism candidates... he just said something totally insane. Run
  • flipper
    flipper

" An intellectual approach to the truth will not lead to everlasting life. "

Translation : " Turn off your minds and let us the GB and WT leaders do your thinking for you. " Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• oppostate
    oppostate
    (1 John 5:20) 20 But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us intellectual capacity that we may gain the knowledge of the true one.

@Blondie

The RNWT by the GB 2.0 has been edited to read "insight" instead of "intellectual capacity". It seems quite telling that they're doing away with JW's "intellectual capacity", doesn't it? What is only of value now is the "insight" dished out in the publications.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

They talked so much about "having the mind of the desert god in your mind" I was thinking why do we have free will.

Other jems from this idiot CO

The purpose of life... the great question...the very meaning of life for humans...why we are here...

"To give praise to jehovah"...

That is the purpose and meaning of life. Fail...

We were created with the intent to worship the creator...really??? If it were all true which none of it is, i'd want no part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit