Awake! No.1 2023, A United Nations Advertisement?

by EasyPrompt 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Awake! magazine No.1 2023 and United Nations Promotions

page 3, "World Meteorological Association"

page 5, "a United Nations source"

page 6, "Secretary-General Antonio Guterres"

page 11, "a United Nations source"

page 11, "Global Forest Watch"

page 12, "the World Health Organization"

page 14, "the World Health Organization"

page 14, "the World Bank"

Color scheme of UN

Color scheme of Awake No.1 2023

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

interesting-I would need to look at the article itself, but you may be onto something.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

The JWBorg is onto something - the back of the "image of the wild beast" they claim to be no part of.

Here is the link to the magazine, it just came out yesterday...

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/awake-no1-2023/

Here is the link to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal #13, Climate Change...

https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/climate-change/

Here is a screenshot of some of the links on that page that include sources quoted in the Awake No.1 2023...

• Gorb
    Gorb

They did it before, I remember that Awake decades ago that was so positive about the UN and UNHCR, and later on they did this because of their contacts with the UN.

One of the reasons our family halted their jw-ism and became pomo.

G.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I quickly skimmed the articles and the mentioned organizations were used a good light. Double speak-this is doing so and so to improve the earth and scriptures interpersed.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Bright side: new world will have no carbon emissions ( or electricity).

Pushing the woke agenda, ignoring the problems the solutions will cause. Good thing they left Brooklyn before it turns into Atlantis.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

CYA mag on UN- say it straight BUT then guild the lily by saying protect the earth, a surefire way to fool the pubs into thinking hey, they are as concerned as we are, they are supporting the bible in saying all this and the org is pointing it out to the world

• blondie
    blondie

In the past, there was much said about the WTS status as a non-governmental organization associated with the UN and the WTS did that to qualify for the benefits/support the UN gives to those organizations. Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)They include international charities such as OXFAM and Save the Children, research institutes, churches, community-based organizations, lobby groups and professional associations.

What has the WTS said about what the identity of the UN is?https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/502016102?q=beast+united+nations&p=sen

Info on 1991/1992 revelation about the WTS association with the UN

"https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/united-nations-association.php

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

I'm afraid I disagree.

I see nothing in this magazine that is promoting the UN, WHO or the other bodies mentioned. It's simply using some basic quotes or stats from them - understandably, given they are supposedly international authorities in those subjects - to highlight what the magazine is presenting as a series of serious problems facing the planet. Also, it quotes National Geographic, Science magazine and other sources too. Are we to think the org is "promoting" or "advertising" them too?

In fact, you could argue the very opposite.

Most of the quotes are simply stating the symptoms of the problems. A couple are about the potential for what could be done to improve things. But none are really suggesting those organisations or publications have the answers.

In contrast, each section ends with the heading "Reasons for Hope — What the Bible Says".

The magazine is effectively damning these sources with faint (or no) praise. By contrasting the comments of these bodies with the scriptures, the magazine is hinting that these organisations are pretty ineffective and unable to resolve the issues they speak about - but without explicitly saying so (presumably so as not to get sued or criticised by those bodies).

It's a bit weaselly or mealy-mouthed perhaps, and definitely not as outspokenly critical as the WT of old used to be, but certainly not waving a flag for those organisations.

• EasyPrompt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit