The Dead, Obsolete Watchtower Religion of 2023

by metatron 13 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Readers Digest in Nov.2002 had an excellent article called "Miracle Medicine and the Soul".

A quote from it - "Scientists are working to end aging,disease,and pain. But are they changing what it means to be human?"

Some highlights - "self-healing hearts - an end to diabetes? - computer chips implanted in the brain to conquer paralysis"

I suppose if you define a human as a being subject to pain, sickness and aging, we won't be 'human' in twenty years or so!

For me, this represents the fufillment of everything I hoped for as a Witness - without the false prophecy and ceaseless

disappointments engendered by uninspired old farts in Brooklyn. While you and I rejoice over the conquest of

human suffering, they will lie, obscure, dissemble, obfusticate - and , above all else, pray fervently for the mass slaughter

of fellow humans at Armageddon - to save them from looking like fools who wasted their lives piling up empty numbers and

peddling magazines.

The next twenty years? Bring 'em on! Warts, wars and all! There never was a more exciting time to be alive

or to enjoy life!

metatron

• Will Power
    Will Power

Amen! Metatron

Thank God there are still people in this world who get themselves educated

and share in the passion & compassion to relieve the suffering of others.

But are they changing what it means to be human?

Excerpts from "Becoming Human" by Jean Vanier.

"To be human is not to be crushed by reality, or to be angry about it or to try to hammer in into what we think it is or should be, but to commit ourselves as individuals, and as a species, to an evolution that will be for the good of all."

"the sense of belonging that is necessary for the opening of our hearts is born when we walk together, needing each other, accompanying one another whether we are weak or strong, capable or not. This belonging will not bring feelings of superiority if we are walking towards inner freedom. It will not seek to exclude but to include the weak, the needy, ...... We are simply human beings, enfolded in weakness, and in hope, called together to change our world one heart at a time."

A good read to open the mind & heart for anyone interested.

Will

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Metatron,

I am all for scientific advancement in medicine but what I think that makes us human is our drive to achieve and reach out to others.

“There Is No Gene For The Human Spirit” is the theme on the cover of a movie entitled “Gattica”

Here’s a description of the movie at “Yahoo! Movies” you should give it a watch.

AD: Buy posters online at AllPosters.com
    On DVD/Video
    new!Click for
    DVD/Video Info
    DramaIn the 21st century, genetic engineering makes possible the creation of biologically superior human specimens ("valids"), who then grow to positions of power and prestige. Would-be astronaut Vincent(Ethan Hawke) born the old-fashioned way, can only hope for a janitorial position at the elite Gattaca Corporation--until he buys the blood, urine, and identity of a perfect but paralyzed athlete. But a murder in the company's ranks attracts the attention of a detective who threatens to sniff Vincent out. A slick futuristic thriller. Academy Award Nominations--Best Art Direction.

Maybe science will make it possible for the rich to not need God’s Kingdom To Come but I am sure the poor will still be praying for it’s relief. As for imperfections being erased and death ended I am sure crime will still reign in many parts of the earth and murder and accidents will still occur.

Unless some how truly made perfect Mankind will always need a peaceful mediator to intercede for them.

My 2 cents….no refunds as usual.

Gotta lovz yaz,

Utopian_Raindrops

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?id=1800021967&d=hv&cf=info

Cant find out how to edit. There is the link to the movie.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Lets see if this will work this time.http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=slv1&p=Gattaca

Gattaca (1997)
    alt Movie Main Page
    DVD/Video Info
    Showtimes & Tickets
    Critics Reviews
    Awards & Nominations
    Trailers & Clips
    Premiere Photos
    Production Photos
    Message Board
    Cast and Credits
    Production Notes
    Web Sites

Related Links
    · Official Site

mail this to a friend Email this page
    to a friend
    User Rating: (4.6/5) Write or Read User Reviews

AD: Buy posters online at AllPosters.com
    On DVD/Video
    new!Click for
    DVD/Video Info
    DramaIn the 21st century, genetic engineering makes possible the creation of biologically superior human specimens ("valids"), who then grow to positions of power and prestige. Would-be astronaut Vincent(Ethan Hawke) born the old-fashioned way, can only hope for a janitorial position at the elite Gattaca Corporation--until he buys the blood, urine, and identity of a perfect but paralyzed athlete. But a murder in the company's ranks attracts the attention of a detective who threatens to sniff Vincent out. A slick futuristic thriller. Academy Award Nominations--Best Art Direction.

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for brief violent images, language and some sexuality.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Hmmm type Gattaca in your search engine.

Just thought I’d make it clear that I do not support The WTBS in anyway.

Just the bible and Jesus.

Ciao 4 now, U_R

• Undecided
    Undecided

Metatron,

I think that it will never happen for the common man. It's about as likely as the JW's new earth. I'm very cautious in beleiving something like that untill I see proff. I hope they do better than they did with the spanish girl here in NC who got the heart and liver transplant.

Ken P.

• Marcos
    Marcos

Hi Ken,

• Marcos
    Marcos

Hi Ken,

Metatron,

I think that it will never happen for the common man. It's about as likely as the JW's new earth. I'm very cautious in beleiving something like that untill I see proff. I hope they do better than they did with the spanish girl here in NC who got the heart and liver transplant.

Ken P.

Off topic and no attack intended, but. The girl who died was Mexican, not Spanish. We appreciate being called "Spanish" about as much as you enjoy being called "Colonials" by the British.

Enjoyed your post and agree. Don't take offense. Hell, I've got relatives up there in the Colonies too!

Marcos

P.S. I hope this doesn't post twice. The first time it didn't seem to go through.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    We appreciate being called "Spanish" about as much as you enjoy being called "Colonials" by the British.

*reluctantly throws out West Side Story album*

*snif*

Hold me, chica!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit