Invitation to the Memorial...

by teenyuck 15 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Just looked at e-mail....rather than phone and say it, I get an e-mail from my mother:

Hello My Beautiful Dolls,

Please don't get angry. I'm letting you know in case you may have remotely considered attending this beautiful occasion with your family.

This is an open invitation to you both, your husbands and my grandson that the Memorial will be held on April 16, 2003, after sundown at your local congregation. If you choose to attend, you can call the local congregation of your choice for the time schedule.

If you do choose to attend, you will benefit yourselves and make my heart glad.

I hope you choose to go and see it. You will enjoy.

Love you dearly,

Mom

I have to say that my mother has never been this vociferous on her affections towards me or my husband. This is a recent phenomenon. I believe it stems from my sister being diagnosed with a brain tumor.

The brain tumor has been there for years and is benign...as far as tumors go. However, my sister has milked it for every dollar she can get from my mother. Sis recently decided that after 5 years of not talking to our mother (mom called her husband a loser and slacker in an e-mail she sent sis by mistake-was meant for me...always check addresses before you hit enter!) she would let mom visit for a two week visit.

Mom now feels guilty for saying her husband is a loser (he is) and says the nasty e-mail was just a mistake!!! Sis is playing up her "total love" for our mother. I have e-mails from my sister calling our mother every imaginable name. She told me at our father's funeral last year that she wants to sue our mother....for what? Just because she hated being a JW and it ruined her life....(her own actions played no role in her life choices of course)

My mother is the most phony, hypocritical, lying, scheming person I have ever known...next to my sister.

Now I get the invite to the memorial....she has not invited me to the memorial in 18 years. Ever.

Frankly, I am thisclose to telling her to never contact me again. She has betrayed me on many occasions and now the false "it would make my heart glad"....she does not have a heart...she has a cash register in her chest.

Can you tell I am upset? My sister wrote me a vile, hate filled e-mail 1 1/2 years ago telling me she hated me and never wanted to speak to me....mom attributes this to the tumor. However, this has been my sisters MO for over 20 years.

Verbally and emotionally abuse you and then wait for you to apologize to her!!! I have refused since I did nothing wrong to my sister. My mom insists that I am wrong and that I will always feel guilty for not speaking with her before she dies. My sisters prognosis is to live long...the docs told her, with my mother present, that since the tumor is just sitting there....has been for years.

I am just so tired of dealing with my mother....she will do anything for my sister. Never has for me. In spite of her I have achieved alot and I cannot point to my mother as my inspiration for anything except my cynicism and sarcasm.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You lucky dog! Since that KM article came out I have been waiting for the "phone call"... I want the opportunity to place a few more seeds of doubt.

So far... nothing. Not a peep out of them.

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

As I was reading your post, a couple of scriptures came to mind that I wanted to share:

[quote]My mother is the most phony, hypocritical, lying, scheming person I have ever known...next to my sister.[/quote]

Ephesians 6:1-3: " Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. "Honor your father and mother"--which is the first commandment with a promise-- "that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth." "

Zechariah 7:8 "This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another."

Luke 6:37-42 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
    "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. "

[quote]I am just so tired of dealing with my mother....she will do anything for my sister. Never has for me. [/quote]

Proverbs 14:30 "A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones."

1 Corinthians 13:4 "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."

• jgnat
    jgnat

teenyuck, I am behind you 100%. There are some people in this world who have completely abdicated their right to be called parents. Consider this scripture.

1 Samuel 20
    33 But Saul hurled his spear at him to kill him. Then Jonathan knew that his father intended to kill David.

Good thing Jonathan ducked.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

"it may go well with you and you may enjoy long life on the earth." if you obey and honor a parent who "is a phony, hypocritical, lying, and scheming person"

Yup... that makes a lot of sence.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
    Perhaps we need to forward this to teenyuck's mother and sister?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    " Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. "Honor your father and mother"--which is the first commandment with a promise-- "that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth." "

Honoring them and protecting yourself from their wicked wiles are two different things.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

SwordofJah, you pathetic excuse for a troll.

You have absolutly NO idea what what teenyuck has had to deal with in her life. How typical of a JW or a JW apologist to start throwing out scriptures when they do not know the whole story.

Ephesians 6:1-3: " Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. "Honor your father and mother"--which is the first commandment with a promise-- "that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth." "

How about Ephesians 6:4 "Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up with the training and instruction of the Lord.

This goes both ways! Honor and obediance is something that MUST be earned by the parents, it is not something that is freely given.

Please get a little more information before you start spewing your bullsh*t.

Tennyuck - you have my 100% support as well

Eric

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Oh Yippee ! Sordid of Jah is back. Just a 30 day sentence this time ?

• El Kabong
    El Kabong
    As I was reading your post, a couple of scriptures came to mind that I wanted to share:

Instead of just quoting Scripture, (ie. What some other MAN wrote), can't you just write a reply in your own words. Scriptures always have and will continue to be taken out of context so they can be twisted to fit whatever situation desired. How do we really know that ALL Scripture is inspired by God. Because it has been included in the version of the Bible by some MEN from long ago?

Anyway Teeny, I understand what you are going through and support you 100% as well. I know you are the type of person who knows how to see through BS

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Well now she can go and mewl to all the sisters at the congregation how she "reached out in love" for her daughter and grandchildren to "come to Jehovahs table" and how "Satan has her heart" and all that other bullshit they feed each other...and get everybody's sympathy.

It REEKS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit