First Day of Returning to D2D Work

by Foolednomore 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

This is the first day of the return to the D2D work, no one in the strip opened their doors or gates. What a waste of time!

• Ding
    Ding

I doubt that the CO will ask what was accomplished... just how many publishers put in how many hours...

• Biahi
    Biahi

Just passed my local KH this morning…2 cars, maybe 3. Dismal.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I bet a lot won't be answering the doors. Likely during lockdown and just being afraid to go out in general, they entertained themselves online and saw news articles on child abuse, maybe stumbled into some ex JW sites...in other words, they are more educated than ever against JWs. The JWs have brought reproach!

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

"just passed my local KH this morning…2 cars, maybe 3. Dismal"

Hasn't it always just been a handful during the week? Saturday was when you'd have a large group back when I was in.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Maybe, but you would think with the big push to go D2D, they might have more people.

BTW, if they come to my door, I think I will ask them to come back with the WT bound volume from 1972, and the Awake bound volume from 1969. April 1972 has the article stating that they are prophets, and of course the infamous college discouraging article that it is a “fact” that you will never fulfill a career in this system. I might ask them to also bring a copy of Shepherd the Flock of God.

• SadElder
    SadElder

A husband and wife team called at the house this morning. They rang the bell but I was unable to respond via my Ring bell as I was driving. I have been prepared for their phony call to see my elderly mother (92) since they haven't bothered to pickup a phone to check on her in 2 years or so. She's been in an ALF for the past 6 months. I have a nice little note with quotes from the WT on knowing the appearance of the flock and love being an identifying mark. And then the big one..... RELIGION IS A SNARE AND A RACKET. Let's see their smug fat cheeks pucker on that.

• Smiles
    Smiles

The PIMI JWs will probably swarm out in greater numbers this Saturday September 3 2022.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Reminds me of that old joke when the Witnesses knock on a door and a woman warmly invites them in. She sits them on the sofa and offers them cakes and hot drinks. She goes off into the kitchen and returns with coffee and cream donuts. Once the publishers are sitting comfy with their refreshments, the lady says, "now tell me what's this all about?"

The Witnesses shrug and say, "we've no idea, we've never got this far before."

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

This spoils my fun. I can't yell out "Impostore" when they set their carts up in the town square.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit