Name Things That Used To Get You Upset And Now Don't

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

sunstarr:

I remember an episode of the Simpsons where one of Marge's lines was something like:

"I must have a really boring life, Jehovah's Witnesses came by the other day and I talked to them for half-an-hour."

Oh, it made me so mad to hear those kind of things when I was a JW!!! Now I laugh my a$$ off.

Elsewhere:

I remember toward the end someone asked me what religion I was and I was so terribly embarrassed; I looked down and mumbled, "Jehovah's Witness". Just saying it felt so wrong.
    DITTO!!! I got to where I hated it when a situation came up where I couldn't avoid telling people what religion I belonged to.
  • minimus
    minimus

Nothing worse than having to admit that you're a Witness when the rest of the Witness community wishes you wouldn't broadcast it.

• JH
    JH

Not being at the hall since so long, nothing upsets me anymore. I only get upset if I see an elder all dressed up knocking at my door. It gets me upset, because I know he is not here as a friend, but as a Watchtower representative.

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

I really hated the term 'spiritual food'. The stuff they served up at the meetings wouldn't qualify as pig slop!

• minimus
    minimus

There are times when "pig slop" is necessary.

• hurt
    hurt

Being called a Bible Student. I was a student then alright. But my conductor, good guy, then, before they stopped calling budding recruits Bible Student, would call me a BS. It sounded like Bool Sheet. And there was this sister, we used to jam at the clubs Friday nights then, she would give me that look like "you don't know what the hell you're doing"... I never got it. She got out before I did. Now, I wish I would jam her again... Now I'm not even a dub anymore... they got me Inactive. And I'm Active.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit