Name Things That Used To Get You Upset And Now Don't

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I remember people getting very upset because they didn't called on to answer by the Watchtower Conductor like they felt they should. Some people used to get very upset if they had to work out in service with the same person, twice in a row. Of course, now, it's no big deal. What used to get you going?

• JH
    JH

Being called an apostate would have bothered me before, but no more. I don't even know if I am an apostate. My ideas differ from the watchtower's point of view, but I don't think my ideas differ from Jesus point of view.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Not getting sex almost every night with my wife, now at 67 it doesn't upset me at all.

Ken P.

• Englishman
    Englishman

The inhabitants of this place really peed me off once upon a time.

Now I just watch in amazement.

Englishman.

• JH
    JH

Englishman,

How many people can fit in that stadium???

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

My so called friends treating me like shiat. I dont care anymore cuz I'm not around them anymore and got some real friends.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Having a janitor that drives a 15 year old rusted out bucket of bolts and wears 10 yr. old polyester suits give me adivce on money matters.

Coon

• Farkel
    Farkel

field service
    meetings
    Elders
    COs
    The Watchtower Society
    Assemblies
    DFings
    having to report time
    being judged by the number of hours time I reported
    dub back-stabbing, gossiping, lying and character assasaination
    having to defend beliefs that were utter nonsense
    being embarrassed for being a dub
    not celebrating birthdays or holidays
    the Non-Celebration-Celebration called "The Memorial"

In short, everything dub-related. They don't get me upset anymore because I don't engage in any of those activities and don't hang around those people.

I especially don't miss having to smell everyone else's farts in the meetings and not being able to get up and walk away for twenty five minutes until the room cleared of them.

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

Farkel, YOU are so funny! I laughed so hard I think I just far---on never mind. The non-celebration, the Memorial, is a good one. I don't miss elder's meetings, giving talks (this surprises me), having to worry about stumbling people, going to R rated movies, answering any elders questions....and I look forward to more freedoms in the near future.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I was SO off topic here... that I decided to delete. My sincerest apologies!

SJ, obviously on her own...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit