Poll: When my PIMI wife comes back from meeting. she is a different person. how many out there experience the same and why?

by goingthruthemotions 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

So I am trying to understand if i am the only POMO that experiences the situation where the PIMI spouse comes back from a meeting a different personanlity. it may not be obivious to the untrained eye, but i notice it and i know my sons notice it.

this last round after all the loyalty BS and Armagedon BS it's like she has stayed stuck in it. My problem is, i will call her out on it and tell her she is coming back from the meeting as a diffent person.

sometimes it could last a couple of hours or it could last weeks. i guess it depends on what kind of BS they are filling her mind with.

My question is, how is the mental illnes catagorized? is it Dissociative personality disorder ?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

This is 100% true, and it can be really frustrating, because it seems to reset any progress you might have made.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I noticed that in the distant past when I was still married to a PIMI and was starting to make my escape from the hamster wheel. She would be loving, kind, considerate, helpful and all the other things that two people can do to make a marriage pleasant. The minute the last "Amen" at a meeting was said she turned into a cold, distant, non-talking shrew. It usually took two or three days of marital misery before she would lose that attitude. Then it was time for the next meeting and it started all over again. Glad that page of life is done.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I tend to see this more when they come back from the conventions. I remember after the last one I attended, 2015 my brother in law telling me on the Sunday evening that he's going to quit his job and pioneer, and he was full of euphoria. Not surprising due to the around of propaganda videos they show nowadays.

If your PIMI wife stopped attending meetings for a while, perhaps due to a long holiday abroad she'd also gradually become a different person. In a good sense. I found my low moods and guilt evaporated when I stopped attending meetings and reading the literature.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

It's not a personality disorder, she's just riding that brainwashed high. Lots of people go back to their parents house as adults and revert back to certain dynamics for a time. Kids go stay the night at a friend's house and are different for a bit when they get home. It's a very normal and human thing, hers just happens to be surrounding a cult. All humans have mirror neurons. You can see it in people picking up accents.

• carla
    carla

Yes!!!!!

You can't bother pointing it out to them because they will say something stupid like, "well, if I'm being brainwashed everybody should be" or something as ridiculous. They see it as a good thing.

After a convention? it can take anywhere from a few days or weeks to wear off. Guess it depends on the convention, their personal feelings of dubiness at the moment or state of the world. That is my opinion.

When mine first joined up his eyes actually glazed over like you might see in the movies, scared the crap out of me. My jw changed so much after meetings the kids noticed as well. Now it is not as much if at all on a regular basis. Maybe he got better at snapping between worlds? his jw life and then home to non jw wife & family.

From a purely psychological point of few it can be an interesting study. Just wish I was looking in at will not having to live it.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

I agree Carla, That glazed look is scary, but she doesn't have the ability to snap out of it. she told me last night she would die for the BORG.

i miss the days when she wasn't involved in the cult.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming
    My PIMI wife, at the time, was the same way after the assemblies though. The 6 hour brainwashing session completely transformed her from a ho hum publisher to a fully ratcheted JW. She get all "built up" with the experiences told from the platform, most of which are made up or severely embellished. She would come off this spiritual high to an extreme low. She felt as if she wasn't doing enough and she hated herself for it. It really f-ed with her mind and I think it made her manic and/or bipolar swings worse. They would hold some publisher up on a pedestal with their personal struggles and issues, but praise them for their dedication and work to "further the kingdom message." This is suppose to make everyone feel as if they aren't doing enough and can do more. I remember a story of a single mom with 3 boys that worked full time, regular pioneered, had to have regular bi-weekly medical treatments, and took care of her elderly parent. At the time, my wife didn't work, didn't pioneer, had good health, and did nothing all day. In order to make herself feel better, a lazy person, like her, would build herself up by tearing me or others down on the drive home. I was fully PIMO and took the verbal beat down after every 1, 2, 3, or 4 day assembly for every ride home. The GB know exactly how to push the buttons to make the R&F do more. They fizzle out after weeks or months.....in time to have another assembly and push them again. This was a leading cause in me becoming POMO, divorcing her, and being Dfed. She is still fully PIMI but without a punching bag.
  • Steel
    Steel

My wife literally remembers nothing from a meeting. I know because I actually test her on it. It’s so weird . They could be reading the phone book and she wouldn’t know the difference. Lucky for me because me because they deal with some pretty disgusting concepts.

my mother says her prayers protect her. I think she is just stupid. Never marry for looks.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I get the same silly glow after I've been to watch my favourite football team. Especially if they've won..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit