How do you personally deal with your still in family JWS ?

by Finkelstein 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i left of my own free will in the 70's. i was never d/f. most jw friends stayed friends. my JW parents accepted my decision. 1981 it was announced i was now apostate..because i was having an affair with a married sister . ive heard it called most things--but not apostate. friends vanished--never spoken since. parents stayed close.

my dad said to me he couldnt find it anywhere in the bible that he couldnt see his own son. i hadnt been a jw for years by then. we stayed close. Mum died in 1998. Dad had some kind of falling out with his grand-daughter--my daughter--and she never spoke to him or visited him after that...even though for his last 4 years he lived in a care home less than a mile from her. i was still very close to him--visiting several days a week. visits from elders dwindled and stopped. i think he was a marked man because of our close relationship. he died in 2016---ending the only very loose connection between me and that crazy cult.

for years i lived in hope of some contact with my daughter..and youngest son..both still jw. but in the last few years ive realised thats never going to happen.

today i was in watsapp chat with my older son--he was d/f about 10 years back and has a great life and family. i will have a new grandchild next month!

life goes on --despite the best efforts of the watchtower.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

That "little dose" just kind of annoyed me.

As it should the WTS leaders take no shame in breaking families apart, well why would they if propagate false doctrines to enhance their literature to the public.

Establish false doctrines which end up killing people (blood issue), indirectly cause many suicides etc..

They are playing power games onto people, as if they were kings within their own Kingdom.

Its the power that made them crazy and off balanced delusional.

• jp1692
    jp1692

How do I personally deal with my still-in family JWS?

I don’t.

They shun me because I no longer attend meetings at the KH and have simply faded away.

For the past eleven years, my two adult children refuse to talk to me and rebuff all attempts I have made at communication. Both live in the same small town; one is literally only two blocks away from me. I drive by his house two or three times every week running errands and just going about my business.

It’s very sad and so completely pointless and unnecessary.

This religion destroys families.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

We have been "inactive" for almost ten years now and our huge extended JW families have zero to do with us. I noticed the most self-righteous JWs in the family only hang out with relatives in the same "JW strata" of perceived "spirituality". Elder families with elder families, MS with MS, and "weak with the "weak", and everyone avoids the "inactive"(except the former Bethelites..are there doubts???). lol.

Glad that Mrs and I WOKE at the same time and our daughter became WOKE as well. 3rd gen had a lovely Skype with our grandson today. My heart goes out to those of you who couldn't wake your kids. :(

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Quite a story Stan thanks for sharing .

The insidious criminality of this cult is its enforced and regulated breaking up of families.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit