How do you personally deal with your still in family JWS ?

by Finkelstein 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    So, your relatives have gotten more cult-like and distant over the last decade or so?

I think that's true with many JDubs because the WTS/GB is ramping up the rhetoric. Not only DFd people are BAD. "Inactive" and "irregular" pubs in the Cong/Borg are "bad association" too. These may not be totally shunned, but they will find themselves excluded from all the extra social activities going on in the Cong. They simply are not "spiritual" enough.

• alanv
    alanv

My 42 year old son is an elder. He never contacts me, so its down to me to contact him. Once we are chatting there is no problem at all, accept there are many subjects i cant talk about because he would feel i am attacking his religion in some way.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So it would appear the WTS/JWorg has ramped its intentional distancing of its members with non members and these actions are observable, not only in my own family but others as well.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

As though any day the sh#t will hit the fan and I will be viewed as maggot food .

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Four kids: two in, two out.

I keep loving all of them, including the two "in" who have cut links with me to the barest minimum. Both are quite young (20 and 25), still highly impressionable. Perhaps life will teach them a few lessons and bring them to a reasonable level of sanity. But I am also willing to let them live their "witnessing" life with me cut off. It's sad, because I introduced this monster to them in the first place.

I love them, but I do all I can to shield myself from being hurt by them. I will not butt into their lives uninvited.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The JW religion has many causative results over the years of doing damage to people.

One story comes to mind which came out here about 10 years ago where a young fellow came out as gay, he was baptized as a young teenager.

Well he got DFed of course and his family quickly abandoned him completely.

I guess he was struggling with new identity where his family (parents) gave him the shoulder, unfortunately he took his own life out depression.

• Verenda
    Verenda

Finkelstein

I was brought to tears and so very saddened by this young mans suffering so needlessly and seeing no relief for his pain while living. I can only imagine this young mans pain. Its heartwrending and unimaginable that parents could turn their back on a suffering child.

My son came out to me at 14. Because of my intense love for him I accepted him fully. I was partially responsible for his existance. My child. There is nothing or no-one that could cause me to abandon my son. The struggles he has endured has only deepened my love for him.

I also personally knew a young man that was disfellowshipped. Eventually he also took his own life.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Verenda the JWS religion turns people into apathetic cruel assholes through the mental indoctrination by its leaders, who derive and try to emulate the ancient Hebrew social directives a civilization that existed 3000 years past in human history.

Gay people (homosexuals) are born that way and we shouldn't demean and be judgemental toward because of that fact.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good point Atlantis, the fear mongers are at their old game.

The biggest enemy the WTS/JWS has to face now is the truth about the organization, people who talk are therefore dangerous, people who have left are extremely dangerous.

One of most disgusting things about this religous organization its potential toward breaking up families.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DESIROUS OF CHANGE:

Many people on the forum have Witness relatives who have experienced family who were once friendly and are now stand-offish. This must be a sad thing to behold and I am so glad I had no family in that religion.

The problem I see with all these shunner Witnesses is that they are on their high-horse with over-confidence and are talked into believing they can disrespect blood relatives..So sad...What happens though when they get elderly?...Do ANY of these idiots imagine they are going to ask for as$istance from family members they have ostracized for decades??

I’d tell them to track down their spiritual friends for help. Maybe some of those great ladies are still around. You know: the older esteemed sisters who hosted those special pioneer dinners and get togethers (that I was never invited to). Good luck tracking these people down for help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit