Ozzie's Weekend Poll #38

by ozziepost 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

Another weekend's upon us again! Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!..... or even when you're not, eh?

Here in Oz, we've been enjoying widespread rain at last. Still some areas in New South Wales, like Brewarrina, have missed out, but as they say "it's a start". In the meantime, the shiraz is still good and the world prepares for war...................

But we can still have a diversion, can't we? So, settle yourself for a few minutes to share in our weekend reminiscing spot.

This weekend's poll question is:

What did the Borg's use of the word "encouragement" mean to you?

1. They were truly loving shepherds.

2. I felt so warm-hearted.

3. I felt sick.

4. I knew they wanted me to do more.

5. I knew I was in trouble.

6. I never learnt that word.

7. I believed them when they said Babylon the Great didn't do it.

8. I believed them when they said that only the WTS "encouraged" their flock.

9. That meant I was in for a shepherding call.

10. Was I in trouble?

11. That meant an "above average" publisher and "discouragement" meant one who was below average.

12. Other (please detail)

No rush this weekend. We've got time for you north americans to catch us up! So you are "lovingly" 'encouraged' to get your reports replies in!

Cheers, Ozzie

PS: Mrs Ozzie says to say Hi!

• blondie
    blondie

It meant they wanted to make me do or not do something that was none of their business (conscience matter).

• Angharad
    Angharad

4 & 9 .

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

For me when I heard the word "encouragment" they were usually getting ready to make sheparding calls. When the announcments came for an "encouraging" talk next sunday, I felt it was going to contain the "guilt trip" theme.

Encouragment: Guilt, propaganda, and more guilt.

CC

• Simon
    Simon

I'd say 12 - usually being 'encouraged' meant being pushed to do something that they didn't want to put down in writing.

I can almost hear the echoey assembly PA:

"We'd encourage (strong emphasis) you brothers ..."

• anti-absolutism
    anti-absolutism

I'd have to say that I agree wholeheartedly with CC Ryder on the guilt thing. Possibly my personality, (having gone through great emotional abuse at home as well), caused the guilt thing to be more prominent. But I would say that my whole life in the Borg was nothing to do with love and ALL to do with GUILT!!

Unfortunate but true. Brad

• Mulan
    Mulan

#4 and #8

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

LOL @ Mulan, we must have sat in the same rows at the KH and assemblies!

#4 #8.

As JT so aply says "Do more, do more, beat the friends, beat the friends" = encouragement!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Joy, I told you we are alike!!

Now, all I need is someone to tell the elders about "Mulan".

• Dawn
    Dawn

5. I knew I was in trouble.

I got in trouble a lot - I always had a guilty conscience and ratted myself out.

What does it mean to me now? To help someone feel better - to elevate their self esteem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit