board post I found amusing - the title reads "PRO IRAQ WAR PARTY!!!"

by back2dafront 11 Replies latest jw friends

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Hi! Thanks for clicking, you great big patriot you! I noticed a lot of hubbub around the need for such a gathering, to counter all the fuss kicked up by all the tree-hugging pussies in this area!Right on!
    Well, here's how it works. First, go down to # 670 Davis Street in San Francisco and tell the nice clean cut young man behind the desk that you're a hundred percent behind the upcoming war in Iraq, and you want to sign up for the party NOW! He'll fix you up PRONTO! They handle all the arrangements down there for patriotic folks like you, and the more enthusiastic you are, the better the deal they cut you to get you right in the thick of things.
    A week or so later you will find yourself in Fort Benning, Georgia, the home of the US Army infantry, to prep you for the big BASH! Thats it! And if there isnt enough room left in Benning-God knows there are lots of people ahead of you ready to rock, but "stick to your guns" and go combat arms-then dont turn your nose up at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, home of the Field Artillery! Take it from me personally, now there's a hot spot where the fun NEVER stops!
    And for heaven's sake, dont let the deprivation and hardship get you down. Getting deployed to a war zone is something every hard core pro-interventionist should experience, at least once. You have the character to never question why, when your ass is thousands of miles away from family and you're out on point somewhere with just your buddy and a 60 cal at 3 in the morning, just what in the hell your leaders where thinking to start an elective war. After all, you will recieve as an enlisted member an ADDITIONAL $155 dollars a month in danger pay. Oh, and sorry, alchohol is strictly forbidden for safety issues, but there'll be plenty of time for that later, when you eventually get back home!
    So if you're under 35 years of age, get your patriotic ass down to the recruiter today, or shut the hell up. All of those who have such a big woody for sending others to fight a bullshit conflict either drop what they're doing and join the clam bake, or recognise that your patriotism is as cheap as a 5 dollar nylon flag from K Mart.

• Rihannsu
    Rihannsu

Lets get something straight, being in the military as of now is NOT mandatory, it is a choice that each one of those soldiers have made. If anyone got into the military and is pissed that they actually have to obey their superiors and actually do what their leader Bush sais then they are Stupid, since joining a military makes your chance of fighting in a war a bit higher then not joining.

Our job is to support our troops and our president that are both trying to protect our freedom as well as make people that live under repressive goverments get a chance to taste what freedom is like. Our job is not to go out on the streets and burn American flags like some of these traitor scum are doing. If you do choose to be against our President, and our Nation then the choice is simple........ GET THE HELL OUT OF THE U.S.A.

P.S. Ohh and if you were in the military and are now complaining then grow up bud, and support your brothers instead of acting like a child.

• anti-absolutism
    anti-absolutism

Rihannsu,

Hold on pardner!!!!! Don't tell me that you believe 100% what your government is telling you regarding their intentions in the war. Ever heard of a thing called oil that the U.S. is in dire need to have more control of?

I'm certainly glad that most Americans are not as simple-minded as you in that area!!!

Otherwise, they would have all bought one-way plane tickets to Iraq, wiped out everybody who tried to stop them, thereby killing thousands of TRULY innocent people, and ignorantly said "There you go, us big tough Americans solved all YOUR problems again".

Ever herad of the Vietnam war? lol

• hornetsnest
    hornetsnest

Well, I think that you two, back2dafront and anti-absolutism, need an answer on this.

However, I'm going to start a new topic to do it, as I wish to address those on the other threads on this same subject.

It should be up shortly.

LoneWolf

• wednesday
    wednesday

Yes it was all so wonderful, the anti war day . All those people protesting against war. But what about those of us who think war is necessary, at this Point? Why are we not out in the streets? I'm not b/c i'm happy with the way our president is handling things , i see no need to rally. Things are being handled. But my son will go, if needed and fight to keep all the whiny arse liberls free so we can all say stuff like this on a discussion board. This is the same BS that happened during Vitenam, our trops need our support; not people siding with those who hate humanity, and would if they could wipe out everyone except those of their own belief system..

• anti-absolutism
    anti-absolutism

I look forward to seeing hornetsnest's post

Also, wednesday, your judgement may be a little harsh on that one. I am not suggesting that Saddam is a perfect guy and Bush is an idiot.... (well, actually I do think Bush is an idiot... but that's another topic altogether .. ) but I find it to be a little naive to believe that there are not alterior motives.

I would suggest that Saddam probably feels that the U.S. should stay out of his business. Iraq is still a little peeved that the U.S. and Saudi companies were slant drilling and taking a lot of their oil that way. Has the U.S. ever apologized for that or even admitted it?

It amazes me that Americans feel that they are completely righteous, with no alterior motives. I have come to realize that that isn't HUMANLY possible.

Brad

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

let me clarify something - I did not write what I posted.

It was a post on a local community board. I posted it here just for the heck of it - I found it amusing in a way. Not in a way to disrespect those in the Armed services at all. I just think it's easier to say you're for this war from the sideline than if you were on a carrier in the Gulf right now. You could never convince me that that is where I need to be right now, however that only stands for THIS WAR. Like I've said before, if this country was being invaded I'd have no problem whatsoever defending it.

We've got a LOT of young men and women out there ready to go to war any second now. I can imagine the things that must be going through their minds right now. Do you think they're wondering if they made the right decision? Do you think any of them are having second thoughts? Once you've gone this far it's probably too late to change your mind now. How many casualties do you think we will suffer after this is all over with? Will it all have been worth it? All we can do is speculate now and pray for the safety of all the troops and the innocent civilians. I sincerely hope things go smoothly, but I'm deeply concerned because there is extremely high risks involved in this war. I doubt he's going to go down without taking as many as possible with him.

If you are for this war without question, can you HONESTLY say you are willing to risk your life to go fight for the cause?

If you respect the need to get Sadaam out of office but question if this is the right time and the correct manner of going about it, are you troubled when others label you as "un-patriotic", "liberalist", "peacenik" or "tree-hugger?"

The person that made the post above was merely illustrating how he/she feels it's easy to sit back from the comforts of your home and say you're pro-war w/ Iraq. If you were actually part of it you might feel a tad bit different.

My take at least. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hornetsnest, I read your other post before I read your comments here. Now your other post makes more sense, however I fail to see how your post makes any points or dissputes anything. Your article did not prove one bit that oil is not involved either. If you really don't think oil is an underlying motive in this war, please read the following article and then prove to me that it's all conspiracy BS:

http://www.inthesetimes.com/issue/26/15/feature1.shtml

nney’s comment about increased profit margins for friends of the Bush administration also has been backed up. A two-part series in the Hong Kong-based Asia Times in January noted that the United States is developing “a network of multiple Caspian pipelines,” and that people close to the Bush administration stand to benefit. The law firm Baker & Botts represents the pipeline consortium set to build the proposed Baku-Ceyhan pipeline that would link Azerbaijan to Turkey via Georgia. The firm’s principle attorney is James Baker, former secretary of state and chief spokesman for the Bush campaign during the Florida vote controversy.

And none other than the disgraced Enron Corp.—once one of Bush’s biggest financial backers—conducted a feasibility study for the $2.5 billion Trans-Caspian pipeline being built under a joint venture between Turkmenistan, Bechtel and General Electric. “Enron, together with Amoco, Chevron, Mobil, Unocal and British Petroleum, were all spending billions of dollars to pump the reserves of Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan,” the Asia Times reported, adding that Baker, former National Security Adviser Brent Scowcroft, former presidential Chief of Staff John Sununu and Vice President Dick Cheney “have all closed major deals directly and indirectly on behalf of the oil companies.”

And current National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice served on Chevron’s board of directors for nearly 10 years before being scooped up by the Bush administration. Chevron (now Chevron Texaco) is the largest shareholder in the Caspian Pipeline Consortium, the group that completed an oil pipeline from Kazakhstan to the Black Sea port of Novorossiysk, Russia, and is planning more pipelines in the region.

It certainly can be argued that the economic benefits for close Bush associates are only indirectly attributable to the war on terrorism. But consider the argument of Uri Averney, a former member of the Israeli Knesset, noted peace activist and keen international observer. “If one looks at the map of the big American bases created for the war,” Averney wrote in the Israeli newspaper Ma’ariv in February, “one is struck by the fact that they are completely identical to the route of the projected oil pipeline to the Indian Ocean.”

Deployments of U.S. troops do largely coincide with existing and projected pipeline routes. The United States already has troops in Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, Georgia and Afghanistan; Bush reportedly is negotiating to place U.S. forces in Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Armenia and Azerbaijan.

I'm waiting.

• Robdar
    Robdar

All of those who have such a big woody for sending others to fight a bullshit conflict either drop what they're doing and join the clam bake, or recognise that your patriotism is as cheap as a 5 dollar nylon flag from K Mart.

And that my friends, says it all.

Back2dafront,

Youdaman.

Love ya,

Robyn

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

you're too sweet robyn. :-)

All I can say is I call it like I see it.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Gone for the weekend and look at all the crap the grows in the garden of bull..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit