The Covid-19 Vaccines do NOT Alter Human Genes, despite the myths to the contrary

by Disillusioned JW 23 Replies latest social current

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Please read the articles at the links below and notice the sites which published the articles. I consider all of these sites to be trustworthy.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html#:~:text=No.%20COVID%2D19,DNA%20in%20any%20way.

["Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines"]

-------------
    https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-mrna-megamix/fact-check-mrna-vaccines-do-not-turn-humans-into-hybrids-or-alter-recipients-dna-idUSL1N2M61HW

["Fact Check-mRNA vaccines do not turn humans into ‘hybrids’ or alter recipients’ DNA"]

-----------
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/victoriaforster/2021/01/11/covid-19-vaccines-cant-alter-your-dna-heres-why/

["Covid-19 Vaccines Can’t Alter Your DNA, Here’s Why"]

-------------
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/05/further-evidence-offered-claim-genes-pandemic-coronavirus-can-integrate-human-dna

["Further evidence supports controversial claim that SARS-CoV-2 genes can integrate with human DNA"

Notice this article is primarily about the virus itself, not the vaccines made from it can integrate with human DNA, but that many scientists don't even think the virus itself can integrate with human DNA. Regarding the vaccines note that the article says:

'The researchers emphasized that viral integration did not mean people who recovered from COVID-19 remain infectious. But critics charged them with stoking unfounded fears that COVID-19 vaccines based on messenger RNA (mRNA) might somehow alter human DNA. (Janesich and Young stress that their results, both original and new, in no way imply that those vaccines integrate their sequences into our DNA.)

The controversy has grown decidedly more civil since December. Both Young and Jaenisch say they received more intense criticism for their preprint than any studies in their careers, in part because some researchers worried it played into the hands of vaccine skeptics spreading false claims about the newly authorized mRNA vaccines. “If there ever was a preprint that should be deleted, it is this one! It was irresponsible to even put it up as a preprint, considering the complete lack of relevant evidence. This is now being used by some to spread doubts about the new vaccines,” Marie-Louise Hammarskjöld, a microbiologist at the University of Virginia, posted in a comment on bioRxiv at the time.

And what of the original journal submission? “They rejected it,” Jaenisch says.']

https://www.bbc.com/news/54893437

["Vaccine rumours debunked: Microchips, 'altered DNA' and more']

--------------------
    https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/is-it-true/is-it-true-can-covid-19-vaccines-alter-my-dna#content

[" Is it true? Can COVID-19 vaccines alter my DNA?

No, COVID-19 vaccines do not alter your DNA. Find out more below. "]

• Simon
    Simon

So I won't get any super powers then?

Bummer.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Yes the vaccine won't give people super powers, but I made the message post to help people realize that the vaccine will not damage their DNA. Many people falsely think the vaccine is very unsafe, even falsely thinking that it will change their genes in a way that will harm people.

Last Friday I scheduled to receive my first dose of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine tomorrow (Monday).

• fulano
    fulano

Wel disillusioned JW, I don’t know why you aren’t still in the cult, you believe anything. Ask yourself, who is responsible for long term side effects after the vaccination?

• fulano
  • Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

fulano, your post in reply to me is very strange, to me. Obviously I don't believe in everything (which is essentially the sense you are using the word "anything", for you claim to believe that I will believe anything I read or hear), for I reject the belief that the vaccine alters human genes, for example. I also reject creationism and I am convinced of evolution.

I follow the science, not baseless rumors. I don't believe there will be any long-term adverse side effects for me in receiving the Covid-19 vaccination, just as I haven't had any long-term negative effects from any of the other vaccines I have received. If, hypothetically speaking, I do experience long-term adverse side effects from the Covid-19 vaccination then ultimately I will be the one who is responsible since I made the choice to receive it, based upon the information I studied.

Likewise if you don't receive a Covid-19 vaccine and if you later contract the Covid-19 induced disease and experience long-term adverse health problems as result, who will be responsible for such happening to you?

• NotNew
    NotNew

I will use my own power of reason. This is an injection using EXPERIMENTAL CHEMICALS,

touting as a vaccine. How much ETHANOL (and other lethal chemicals) are OK with YOU?

• How many needless deaths from this shot do you feel are OK...

or how many need to experience permanent disabilities before you WAKE UP? All from a Non-VIRUS-vaccine...

• YOU can STILL get the so called covid19 AFTER the shot and this is a proven fact! ...With or without a MASK! SO..... why get it or wear one? Since any material is OK to use as a mask...then it’s not about your safety it’s about SUBMISSION...

• MOST of THESE SO CALLED EXPERTS Change their OPINION more then you change a babies diaper.

• I will not be a guinea-pig for EXPERIMENTAL DRUG TESTING

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The flu vaccines don't guarantee that a person will never get a flu either, but ever since I have been getting the flu vaccines I haven't had the flu, whereas previously I had severe flu at least once in every two year period while I held a job away from my home. The Covid-19 vaccine greatly reduces my chances of contracting Covid-19 until the time of my future booster shot.

NotNew, what sources do you have saying that the Covid-19 vaccines available in the USA are dangerous? What sources do you have saying that they contain dangerous amounts of ethanol or any ethanol at all?

In my locality about 70% of the adult population already has received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine. Further my employer is offering to pay all of its workers a $25 gift card to get vaccinated by the end of this month, the employer is offering to pay all of its workers an additional $25 gift card after at least 90% of the workers become fully vaccinated. They are also paying for time off to get vaccinated and to rest after receiving the vaccine doses. Do you think they are being foolish to strongly urge us to get vaccinated?

• NotNew
    NotNew
    Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)
    Active ingredient
    • Recombinant, replication-incompetent adenovirus type 26 expressing the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein
    Salts
    • potassium chloride
    • monobasic potassium phosphate
    • sodium chloride
    • dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate
    Other
    • ethanol
    • polysorbate-80
    • acetic acid
    • sucrose
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot