2 Peter 1 = Deity of Christ.

by towerwatchman 99 Replies latest watchtower bible

• towerwatchman
    towerwatchman

2 Peter 1 = Deity of Christ.

2 Pe. 1:1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,

To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord,

Vs 1 Peter identifies Jesus as God and Savior, vs 2 Peter identifies Jesus independent of God.

Outside the Trinity we have polytheism.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    12 We're being shown how to turn our backs on a godless, indulgent life, and how to take on a God-filled, God-honoring life. This new life is starting right now,

13 and is whetting our appetites for the glorious day when our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, appears . The Message Bible

How about henotheism?

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, that's Titus 2:13.

I'm on a new tablet and it's doing its own thing.

Sylvia

• towerwatchman
    towerwatchman

To Snowbird

Why would it be henotheism?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I believe the Father and Son are God, but I don't rule out the possibility of other gods.

So, I guess this could be termed henotheism.

Sylvia

• towerwatchman
    towerwatchman

To snowbird

How do you come to such a conclusion?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I believe this new religion Christianity was about introducing a new god to the masses. He was a highbread God with the attributes of many of the older gods of Egypt, Canaan and Greece. The newer god of those older religions like Osiris, Baal and Zues replaced thier fathers took on their attributes and were exalted above them. Jesus was to do the same. He was just like his father a representation of his father then later became one with his father in a trinity like so many of the other gods in Egypt and Mesopotamia.

If you don't think the trinity is a real Christian teaching the read about the meeting in 325 at Nicea. I have been to church and have heard Christian priest trying to explain it they can't but they believe it. Again it would be easy to explain if they just look at the triad gods of Egypt like Osiris, Isis and Horus. This is just one example. Anyway Jesus is really the god of the Christians and there are plenty of scriptures in the New Testament that state this.

I think it's only the JWs that focus on who they presume is the father and want to worship him alone this Jehovah. But whats funny is this Jehovah who really is this god. The Christians kept is vague not saying if it was RA or El or Chronos or Anu. They did this because they wanted all the people to worship Jesus not just Egyptians or just Greeks but everyone in the known world.

• snowbird
    snowbird

To Towerwatchman ...

After questioning and unlearning what Christendom and WT taught about God.

Sylvia

• oppostate
    oppostate

The NWT adds the word "the" in front of Saviour to try to distance Jesus from the word God. But the original greek reading does not have the definite article in that place;

ΣΙΜΩΝ ΠΕΤΡΟΣ δοῦλος καὶ ἀπόστολος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ τοῖς ἰσότιμον ἡμῖν λαχοῦσιν πίστιν ἐν δικαιοσύνῃ τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ·

"tou theou hemwn" means literally "of the God of ours" and then "kai swteros iesou xristou" means "and of savior Jesus Christ".

• snowbird
    snowbird

And, I believe the Granville Sharp Rule states that God and Savior, joined by kai are referring to the same Person - Jesus of Nazareth.

A bit off, but I never knew that Granville Sharp was a staunch abolitionist.

I knew I liked him for more reasons than one!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit