Why are JW's THIS blind?

by BoogerMan 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Notice that the WT also used the word "practiced" as a modifier on page 19 paragraph 18.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ ExBethelite & DJW - Just to be clear, are you saying that during the millenium some people will practice evil deeds, (the act of doing something regularly or repeatedly) or they won't?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wilfully ignorant people do seem to sleep a bit better at night.

😒

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I am saying that the WT article is saying that during the millennium no person will practice evil deeds, tough some people might commit some evil deeds. According to the WT, during the millennium some badness (and maybe even some evil deeds) will take place, but according to the WT God will intervene to prevent people from making a habit (a practice) of committing evil deeds.

But keep in mind that though I believe the WT (and maybe even the book Revelation) is teaching the above, I also believe there will not be a 1000 year rule of Jesus Christ in which Satan will be in the abyss. That is because I am now an atheistic naturalist who is convinced that (despite what the Bible teaches) Satan the Devil never existed, that Jesus never became resurrected, and that Jesus never lived in heaven.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ DJW - thanks for your opinion on what you think the WT is saying regarding "practicing" evil deeds, and that you agree with it. From what I've researched, the org repeatedly & emphatically stresses that evil deeds will be practiced by resurrected folks.

I'm ready to defend myself in the new world from the lowlifes who will continually perform evil deeds.

Revelation 2:27, 12:5 & 19:15 need to be revised: ". . .and he will shepherd the people with an iron rod feather duster. . ."

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

lol... I find it so amusing when I read disagreements about cult teachings.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I also don't see a contradiction.

One paragraph is saying that nobody will be allowed to practice vile things in the new world. But that often means if you do do something vile, then you will be punished, putting an end to it.

If a mayor says.. " I will not allow people in my administration to be corrupt", he is not really saying he can guarantee 100% that nobody can be corrupt, but instead is probably saying he will not tolerate it.

• blondie
    blondie

It's a cult...

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I think the contradiction is apparent but OP highlights the wrong aspect:

IMHO, the contradiction is here: The unrighteous must have practiced these vile things [John 5:29] before their death

which does not stroke with the believe they have that death wipes out all sin.

When the article says, they won’t be allowed to practice evil, that means nobody can commit sin, so nobody can be judged or get killed (they won’t have free will).

What I understand as the logical conclusion from the article as quoted is that the “unrighteous” according to this Noo Light are pre-judged before death and thus have no chance to avoid judgment in the new world.

It indeed does not make any sense in light of other doctrines they themselves hold or core Christian doctrines. Sure the article can make sense, but only if you throw out all other believes JW have about resurrection and the 1000 years.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

@ ExBethelite & DJW - Just to be clear, are you saying that during the millenium some people will practice evil deeds, (the act of doing something regularly or repeatedly) or they won't?

-

Im agnostic so I don’t know.

But I’m saying there is no contradiction in JW doctrine. They are saying those that practice vile things in the old world will not be tolerated in the new world. They have a choice so if they choose to practice vile things then they will be destroyed. Simple as that.

how far they get practicing vile things before they get destroyed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit