Is this a subtle clue that the leaders really see the "great tribulation" of the WT coming soon?

by never a jw 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Growth is increasing - proof that the GT is near!"

"Growth is slowing down - proof that the GT is near!"

Realizing that the WTS used both as "evidence" it was the true religion was another one of my little "wait-a-minute" moments leading up to my fade.

• OverlappingGeneralizations
    OverlappingGeneralizations
    "Would you be willing to sign over your possessions to us, so we can "watch over your valuable things" while you flee to the figurative mountains, the underground bunker (sponsored by Kool-Aid), in Warwick? A former United States President was quoted as saying 'Read my lips! Armageddon is Nigh!' - Footnote, New York Times 1988. Ghandi once said 'Live as if you were to die tomorrow, donate like you mean it, bitches'. So let us fill the contribution boxes, in anti-typical fulfillment of the great filling of the Kool-Aid bunker. And for the love of Jah, don't forget to bring a fresh pair of khakis and a picnic basket for the new order just ahead!"
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Is this a subtle clue that the leaders really see the "great tribulation" of the WT coming soon?

To be fair, this has often been the case throughout WT's history.

Some Bible Students wrote to Russell in c.1905 and said the world was so bad that they couldn't see how it could last until 1914.

Rutherford thought the Great Trib imminent in the early 1920s and again during WW2.

Then there was Franz and Knorr and the 1975 debacle.

The GB Mach 1's interpretation of the generation hinted the end would come sometime in the 1990s.

And now the newest GB think the end will come soon ...

Call me crazy, but I'm just not buying it

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Compare this article with any similar from the early 80s and the same 'urgent' language is used.

Fear mongering at its best!

Keep calm and carry on with your life as normal. Nothing of that crazy destructive sort will happen.

It's a carrot, just a nice looking carrot!

SL

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    I can't remember which paragraph it was in the WT study article. But they stated, "There is a lot that they didn't know, about the Great Tribulation". That statement I agree with that part of the WT study.
  • iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

Greater tribulation will be for the "Faithful and Discreet slave" who 'started beating his fellow slaves' by abuse such as not greeting ... calling them apostates.

sorry, it is not greater, "greatest" (Mathew 24:51) for teaching God-dishonoring doctrines such as 'God felt challenged by Satan' and so on.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This religious publishing house has been lying and fear mongering for a very long time.

I don't think Jehovah would approve of commercialized false prophets or anything of this organization.

A true connection to god doesn't come through strategic lies and corruption, even if the organization takes his wrong but supposed name.

Jehovah isn't in the publishing business , men are.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Didn't they recently say that whilst the GT is ongoing there will not be an influx of people coming in but there will still be the opportunity?

I say this because I remember reading it about it on here and telling my still-in wife that is me sorted, if the GT starts I'll simply repent during the GT and that's my ticket in....

• prologos
    prologos
    iconoclastic "sorry, it is not greater, "greatest" (Mathew 24:51)" greatest punishment and:
    Matthew 24:21 Greatest Tribulation, ever, too. "
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

What the leaders see is many slipping away, so they revert back to the great power of FEAR.

It will not work this time as information is so readily available these high tech days.

SL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit