The increase in the Anointed Ones

by Sour Grapes 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

What do you mean, Sour Grapes? It makes perfect sense to me. The GB is not saying there are MORE anointed now. They are not saying there will be more than 144,000. An increase in anointed DOES make sense in that, as some already anointed are being corrupted, others must be anointed to take their place.

If you had a tank full of guppies and several of them died on you, you'd scoop them out and maybe buy more guppies if you were determined to keep their population at a specific number (say 10). Five died and you replaced them, but no, you don't suddenly have 15 guppies. You only have 10.

And the thing about the anointed is, even the GB knows that there are a lot of posers and liars out there, and even some people who genuinely believe they are anointed but are simply delusional. Why do you think the anointed are never given special treatment? Not because we're not supposed to "idolize" our fellow humans or give certain people preferential treatment.

GB members, COs and even elders get the celebrity treatment ALL THE TIME, and women are practically expected to worship their husbands. The reason the anointed don't get any recognition other than as an annual statistic is because nobody truly believes a person who claims they have been anointed.

And no, I don't believe in or support any of the JW's vile nonsense. I am only saying their logic on this ONE particular issue makes a modicum of sense to me. No doubt they believe more anointed are being "corrupted" by Satan because we are "SO close to the end" so naturally there have to be replacements.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Let's take the madness a step further. Only 144,000 get to go to heaven. At the end of the first century, there were over 1,000,000 Christain's who would have had the hope of going to heaven. At the end of the 1930's, there were about 90,000 Jdubs who would have had the heavenly hope. To be anointed at that time I would hope that they were at least 20 years old, so they are now dead. How many anointed were there between the first century up until the time that Jesus chose the Bible Students to be his true followers?

I guess there were slim pickings for God not to pick 144,000 out of the million first century Christians and then have another 90,000 in the 1930's to pick from and now we still have 18,000 left of the earth.

Only JDubs high on Watchtower crack would say no problem.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The reason for the increase of the Anointed is simply because the Jdubs who still have half a brain cell left have decided that the big A is not coming in their lifetime and have decided to go to heaven at death rather than wait forever in the grave where they will rot or be burnt up in a crematorium .

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

The incease directly benefits the newer members of the governing body by allowing themselves to declare themselves anointed without satisfying the Scriptural 'two witness' rule.

Based on the steady decrease up to the end of last decade, by 2018 there would be no more self-anointed ones to to be one of the 'seven shepherds' or 'eight dukes' or whatever religious titles the governing body have bestowed upon themselves.

Evidently the holy spirit inspired 'faithful and discreet slave class' has actually dwindled down to a miserable eight, all of whom have admitted that they are no longer inspired, individually or collectively. Even 'the belongings of Christ,' such as the copyright to the Bible and all 'spiritual food,' have also been taken away from them. They are now mere spiritual shells of their former glory with all strings being pulled by a US-based real estate corporation.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

It has ballooned and will continue to. There was even a story on here several years ago of a whole congregation in the US that went 'apostate' and started partaking, then was disbanded.

Beyond that, I wonder how many more that partake in private and aren't counted. I'm one of them, and I've read of others who do the same, because they don't want to put on airs or tacitly agree with WTs definition of what it means to be anointed.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    • And even if they were anointeds that had been unfaithful and had to be replaced......what age were they.......

Exactly. I mean it couldn't be all the dead ones, they can't suddenly fall off the wagon.

So it has to be anointed that are *alive*. That means thousands of "anointed" J-dubs are being naughty...since presumably not many anointed are disfellowshipped it must mean the *secretly bad* being replaced.

Could it include, perchance, some of the GB who are being replaced??

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

They have made a joke out of the belief in anointed ones and the two-class Christian belief. The passage of time has made the doctrine untenable. It's sad, but not as sad as the fact the the current JWs have such a short memory that they don't get it.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

And the thing about the anointed is, even the GB knows that there are a lot of posers and liars out there, and even some people who genuinely believe they are anointed but are simply delusional. Why do you think the anointed are never given special treatment? Not because we're not supposed to "idolize" our fellow humans or give certain people preferential treatment.

Yes well the GB know all about the posers and liars because that is what THEY are. Yet they absolutely want to be given preferential treatment and love being idolized on their very own show.

• freddo
    freddo

Of course let's say a replacement (as mentioned this idea died out like they did in the 70's and 80's - don't forget the "door" was closed in 1935 - and reopened a crack in 2007) is made due to an original anointed getting DF.

So if the original DF gets reinstated and still says he/she is anointed you have minus one (leaver) plus one (new fella) plus one (reinstated) = TWO.

All a bag of shit really.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Stats say 1 out of 3 have mental issues so that leaves very little room for the GB doesn't doesn't it? Ken ?? was just placed on GB so that makes 8? At least 2.5 have a problem-- and they discussing the "generation" and GB. in this weeks meeting --has a video regarding the generation and how it was reached.

Apparently, there are still issues with this teaching....

OH and it also says that Jehovah will be anointing others in the future???? As if 18,000 + isn't enough...they know they cannot control what is happening and still say the end is just around the corner.... whereas it was always that when we see the anointed decreasing to zero, the end will come, it is now reverse

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit