Thanks GOD JW's don't have Beauty Pageants

by James Mixon 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Tom boys rock! Had I not grown up a JW, I probably would've never worn dresses just like I don't now.

Though I certainly did enjoy the feeling of power that dressing up had on certain other demographics during my teenage years.

• DJS
    DJS

Changes in certitudes, changes in platitudes, nothing remains quite the same. And James, you do know that the 3000 year old nonsense you cited was supposedly written by a man who surrounded himself with beauty and who had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines. I doubt there were any uglies in the group. If the fool had Prozac, he would have written something entirely different (beauty? girls? Oh HELL yeah!).

And it's told (actually I just made it up) that Solomon had to be cremated because the under-taker couldn't get the big grin off his face, and they were afraid of the responses during the open casket viewing. The official death certificate, found recently in a Jerusalem tomb (not really), indicated the cause of Solomon's demise was "death by high fiving."

From today's news:

Baghdad holds Miss Iraq pageant for the first time in 43 years, By Salim Essaid, CNN, Updated 1:37 AM ET, Wed December 23, 2015

(CNN)When Shaima Qasim was crowned Miss Iraq this weekend, she not only triumphed over the other women in the competition but over threats against her life. The pageant was the first to be held in Baghdad in 43 years.

"Iraq needed this," pageant director Ahmed Leith said. "The situation is weak here, and we wanted to celebrate this the same way other countries like Lebanon and others do. To have a sense of normalcy.”

Irrelevant?

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Beauty pageants are great. I wish they would just shut up and get to the swimsuit part. After all they're just eye candy with opposable thumbs.

Was that sexist? Misogynistic? That was sort of what I was aiming for.

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Beauty pageants are an opportunity for some women to show the only thing they have, physical beauty... or is it that they also have brains, but never developed their intelligence because they focused all their energy and time in looks... I always wonder how many dumb blondes are born that way, and how many are created by our society (parents especially)
  • SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Maybe you have to be a Northeast Ohio sports fan to appreciate this, but we are all getting a laugh out of this:

• talesin
    talesin

SAH

lol, I saw that ^^^ and Harvey does such a good 'dead pan', and cracks up afterwards. :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit