Hairy? Where? Do you Like it Hairy?

by teenyuck 31 Replies latest social relationships

• teenyuck
  • teenyuck
    teenyuck

PS....don't hit enter before you type your question... As noted above, do you like a hairy chest? Legs? Personally, I like a hairy chest. I need something to grip. I like twirling my fingers in the hair and gently pulling on them... I think that a man shaving anything other than his face is nuts. Woman on the other hand should. BTW, I have a friend who shaves her face...can you say NAIR!! BTW #2, one of the women on Joe Millionaire had hairy pits, it was gross...she was the asian girl. She lifted her arm and an obvious 2 day shadow was blooming. Read below and please offer your opinions/preferences. Hairy chests grow slowly back in vogue with men Steve Granitz/Wireimage.com Country star Tim McGraw is hairy and proud of it. By Greg Morago Hartford (Conn.) Courant Feb. 13, 2003 One of the oft-told tales from the Tinseltown press machine is that underwear sales dropped 75 percent when Clark Gable took off his shirt in It Happened One Night to reveal his T-shirt-less torso. Thirty years ago, Burt Reynolds' nude centerfold in Cosmopolitan magazine was a delicious scandal for an entirely different reason. Not because he was nearly naked but because he was wholly hairy. In the intervening years, though, the image of the hairy-chested man suffered. Instead of celebrating his God-given pelt, modern man has been busy trying to eradicate it. Blame the fitness culture, muscle-conscious advertising, youth-driven consumerism or women's preoccupation with Chippendales-like torsos. That may be changing, however. Several recent advertisements have shocked eyes used to seeing shaved and waxed hunks in fashion magazines. Yves Saint Laurent's fall-winter campaign for its M7 cologne features a hairy-pecs lad languishing in the altogether - more conservative publications have the option of using a version of the ad that does not show the whole model. The more recent ads for Lacoste men's cologne also show a furry fella wearing nary a stitch while enjoying a cup of coffee. Another recent ad, for Chrysler Town & Country, shows the torso of a hairy dad - who, presumably, is as concerned about comfort and luxury as he is unconcerned about an unplucked chest. Will these ads turn the tide back to when a "natural" chest was "normal"? Probably not: According to statistics, about 30 percent of U.S. men ages 18 to 34 shave all or part of their chests. "If you follow that genre of ads, it's been nothing but shaved guys for years. . . . There's a bit of a backlash now," said David Banta, creative director for Mintz & Hoke Inc., an advertising and public-relations firm in Avon, Conn. That backlash appears to be manifesting itself in recent hairy-and-proud-of-it moments. The cover of Tim McGraw's new album, Tim McGraw and the Dancehall Doctors, shows the country star's hairy chest. James Gandolfini has emerged as an atypical sex symbol for playing a hairy-chested mobster on TV's The Sopranos. In a recent People magazine dedicated to the "sexiest men," celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito was photographed with his chef's whites unbuttoned to reveal a hairy chest. In the same issue, Scott Foley, star of the new NBC comedy A.U.S.A., showed tufts peeking from his he-man chest. Why new interest in the shag-carpeted man? Designer Tom Ford chose the hairy model in the M7 ads because "our male standard of beauty right now is very contrived. I wanted to show a man who represents a very natural, relaxed, easy image of male beauty." Mintz & Hoke's Banta said the M7 and Lacoste ads will probably pave the way for more happy, hairy gents in advertising. "The shaved guy is not real. The hairy guy is the other extreme, the complete opposite of the shaved guy. And in advertising, you do go there. There's no value in the middle."

• teenyuck
  • teenyuck
    teenyuck

I am getting annoyed! My formatting is gone!!!

One more try:

PS....don't hit enter before you type your question... As noted above, do you like a hairy chest? Legs?

Personally, I like a hairy chest. I need something to grip. I like twirling my fingers in the hair and gently pulling on them...

I think that a man shaving anything other than his face is nuts. Woman on the other hand should. BTW, I have a friend who shaves her face...can you say NAIR!!

BTW #2, one of the women on Joe Millionaire had hairy pits, it was gross...she was the asian girl. She lifted her arm and an obvious 2 day shadow was blooming. Read below and please offer your opinions/preferences.

Hairy chests grow slowly back in vogue with men

Steve Granitz/Wireimage.com

Country star Tim McGraw is hairy and proud of it. By Greg Morago Hartford (Conn.) Courant Feb. 13, 2003

One of the oft-told tales from the Tinseltown press machine is that underwear sales dropped 75 percent when Clark Gable took off his shirt in It Happened One Night to reveal his T-shirt-less torso. Thirty years ago, Burt Reynolds' nude centerfold in Cosmopolitan magazine was a delicious scandal for an entirely different reason. Not because he was nearly naked but because he was wholly hairy. In the intervening years, though, the image of the hairy-chested man suffered. Instead of celebrating his God-given pelt, modern man has been busy trying to eradicate it.

Blame the fitness culture, muscle-conscious advertising, youth-driven consumerism or women's preoccupation with Chippendales-like torsos. That may be changing, however. Several recent advertisements have shocked eyes used to seeing shaved and waxed hunks in fashion magazines. Yves Saint Laurent's fall-winter campaign for its M7 cologne features a hairy-pecs lad languishing in the altogether - more conservative publications have the option of using a version of the ad that does not show the whole model.

The more recent ads for Lacoste men's cologne also show a furry fella wearing nary a stitch while enjoying a cup of coffee. Another recent ad, for Chrysler Town & Country, shows the torso of a hairy dad - who, presumably, is as concerned about comfort and luxury as he is unconcerned about an unplucked chest. Will these ads turn the tide back to when a "natural" chest was "normal"? Probably not: According to statistics, about 30 percent of U.S. men ages 18 to 34 shave all or part of their chests. "If you follow that genre of ads, it's been nothing but shaved guys for years. . . . There's a bit of a backlash now," said David Banta, creative director for Mintz & Hoke Inc., an advertising and public-relations firm in Avon, Conn.

That backlash appears to be manifesting itself in recent hairy-and-proud-of-it moments. The cover of Tim McGraw's new album, Tim McGraw and the Dancehall Doctors, shows the country star's hairy chest. James Gandolfini has emerged as an atypical sex symbol for playing a hairy-chested mobster on TV's The Sopranos. In a recent People magazine dedicated to the "sexiest men," celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito was photographed with his chef's whites unbuttoned to reveal a hairy chest.

In the same issue, Scott Foley, star of the new NBC comedy A.U.S.A., showed tufts peeking from his he-man chest. Why new interest in the shag-carpeted man? Designer Tom Ford chose the hairy model in the M7 ads because "our male standard of beauty right now is very contrived. I wanted to show a man who represents a very natural, relaxed, easy image of male beauty."

Mintz & Hoke's Banta said the M7 and Lacoste ads will probably pave the way for more happy, hairy gents in advertising. "The shaved guy is not real. The hairy guy is the other extreme, the complete opposite of the shaved guy. And in advertising, you do go there. There's no value in the middle."

• Englishman
    Englishman

Teenyuck,

Acording to Channel 4 TV's The Salon, most men want to be free of bodily hair.

Their favourite wax job is a

Back, Crack and Sack.

Englishman.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

OMG!! No Way!!!!

Why, Why, Why? Hair on a man is a good thing....even if it is not on their head...I like hairy....all except the back...flashbacks to my mother's Iraqi ex-husband.

How could you get a razor to some of those spots? Armpits are hard enough!

• nilfun
    nilfun
    Hairy chests grow slowly back in vogue with men . . . There's a bit of a backlash now

I blame the backlash against smooth-skinned men on:

Austin Powers.

Yeah baby!

• TR
    TR

Like this, Teen?

On a girl, hair on her head, no where else.

• Fe2O3Girl
  • Fe2O3Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit