Are You Or Aren't You Still a Witness?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

I'm out. Been out. Twenty-five years and more.

Um, and all that time I was in? I was only kidding.

francois

• email
    email

Currently inactive... Inactive for almost 2 years now... after the appeals committee they told me that they would hold the decision to DF me for "apostasy"... but... they still haven't announced it yet... and it's been 6 months since that last meeting... I wonder if the letter I send to HQ's had any effect on the decision?..

P.S. I am so excited to go to the Dallas apostofest!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I've never "officially" been a member, since I was never baptized. However, following the religion for 13 years, I may as well have been one.

My advantage is that I can talk to anyone, Witnesses, worldly people, the disfellowshipped, the disassociated, the inactive, God, etc.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    If you are inactive you are not a JW in God's (whoops WTS eyes) unless you do something to be DF'd for then you are suddenly a member.

Blondie

lol yes that is so true, u r and u aren't -nice doublespeak. tech speak, i am, inactive status, but viewed as unworthy association. (for what i'm not sure- what started my inactivey was illness, but maybe that is a sin too) my bro views me as not worthy to assocaite with, and he is an active jw.(but a sorry arse who would not even visit his own mother (unless i called and begged) when she was dying.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

i never was a good little witness, as far as field service went and my mother said we never sounded like one (?)

SO NO, score two here that are DA'd

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I am living a double life. I am still considered a witness because I still go throught the motions for the sake of family. In my heart I do not consider myself a Jw. My hubby (apocalypse) is the same. I always chucke when I see him go up on stage (he still holds a position). I think of what members of the congregation would think if they knew that an apostate was on stage and one in the audience. I know some of you think this is ipocritical. But one as to do what they feel is necessary to get by.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    I think of what members of the congregation would think if they knew that an apostate was on stage and one in the audience.

Or how surprised would you be if you knew that others in the audience were doing the same thing as you are? I think that a lot of JW's these days are just hanging on for the sake of family and friends, even though they know the religion is baloney. There are probably others like you right in your own Kingdom Hall. But you can't know about each other without taking the risk of exposure. Reminds me of the "thought criminals" in Orwell's 1984. They were all over the place, but by keeping them isolated through fear, the Party could track them down and eliminate them one by one.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

No.

Haven't been a dub in almost 19-20 years.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I am a witness ... to the joy of freedom.

I left the cult in 1994

Therefore I Aren't a JW

• minimus
    minimus

I think that a lot of Witness attenders are not Witnesses in mind and heart. I think that if a poll was taken that could not be traced and would remain confidential, many elders and ministerial servants and their exemplary families,would express that they are at least doubters, if not "apostates".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit