My First post

by Simple Minds 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• cha ching
    cha ching
    I agree with listener... add the "Pray for me" in there so that they will still feel you are "in".... and perhaps give you more space.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Your heartfelt letter could be written by so many on this board, and sadly, by even more still trying to piece together the impossible.

Writing out your thoughts is good therapy.

Waking up is hard. Recovering takes a long time. So many regrets.

I would strongly urge you to read Bonnie Zieman's book:

http://www.amazon.com/EXiting-JW-Cult-Handbook-Witnesses/dp/1508477132

Like all of us, you need healing.

Hopefully, you can find balm from many genuine hearts here, and elsewhere.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome to the board Simple Minds , as Wasanelder Once , said some of your letter may be fiction to justify your fade , good move , I say , if that is the case.

My thinking is that mentioning the A.R.C.may not have been such a good idea , that may send alarm bells off with the Elders ,Just my 2 cents worth.

..Glad to have you on this site and look forward to more posts.

You mention Perth are you an Aussie ? if so a special welcome from a fellow Aussie.

smiddy

• thankyou
    thankyou

SimpleMinds,

Just my 2 cents:

Leaving the spelling "errors" in your letter helps to demonstrate stress. I would leave them in there.

I don't know if it's the same for other folks, but I have found that "walking" outdoors quiets the "mind", and helps to harmonize and strengthen the mind and body. I would do it alone so that you are not distracted by another.

Man, you've had a rough time.

And, someone else has posted that this is not unusual for a JW. Geez.

God Bless You!

• Simple Minds
    Simple Minds

Thanks for your all your great advice and encouragement

It is a really painful thing to confront ones own feeling but as berrygerry said "Writing out your thoughts is good therapy" my next post will be how i feel about the ARC.

Asking the BOE to pray for me would be a good way to finish the letter, Thanks listener and cha ching

PS you will have to put up with my spelling i am a bit dyslexic, normally my wife helps me with spelling and grammar but she is not going to help me post anything on here Ha Ha

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I would suggest not mentioning the ARC. I see no good to come from it. The rest of the explanation is fine and should not raise any problems.

Good luck.

Doc

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

i am a bit dyslexic

After all of this, do you believe there is a dog ?

;)

• Anon2
    Anon2

Welcome Simple Minds. I don't post a lot, but enjoy reading. So many interesting stories. Yours must have been hard to write and harder to accept what you've been through. Glad you're strong enough to do what you feel you need to do. Best wishes and happiness to you. PS. Your spelling is fine.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hello Simple Minds and welcome. If my maths is right you and I are the same age, 51? Just wanted to wish you well and encourage you not to give up on your wife and daughter. You might believe that they will never 'wake up' but honestly, anyone can.

Perth eh? Wonder if you know my Sister in Law . . .

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Welcome!

Your letter is fine.

Be sure to include a remark that while you appreciate the effort, you cannot handle meeting with them.

If they want to meet, politely but firmly refuse every time.

Note that they don't have any authority over you, and you don't owe them any explanation ;-)

You can explain, but don't have to...

Good luck...Wish you wisdom in handling this...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit