Did anyone see Jackson state "celebrating Christmas not a df'ing offence"?

by Crazyguy 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    ^^ Note that I said the PDF pages, not the pages in the book. Just making sure people find it quickly ;)
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Thanks defender of truth.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We should all send Holiday Greetings (of your choice) to each of the gb at beth-hell. Wonder how many thousands of cheery notes we could drown the mail room in?

I LIKE THAT IDEA!

And be sure to mention how excited you were to hear Bro Jackson state under oath that celebrating the holiday was "OK"!

Doc

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    That's me cultbegone &Doc...who else wants to send our Geoff a christmas card?!!
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

He said what was stated in the transcript. In the interaction with the questions related to difellowshipping and disassociation Jackson was evasive and was not willing to give a straight answer. It was clear that he was attempting diminish the harsh treatment surrounding disfellowshipping.

It was a perfect example of spiritual warfare.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

My understanding is as follows: Geoffrey Jackson could have proclaimed that celebrating your birthday while smoking a stogy was in perfect harmony with scripture, it would actually not mean a thing and here's why.

Unless the governing body met and backed up his claim with a vote and subsequently had the 'new light' published, its just one mans opinion.

The governing body are only G.O.D. when they meet. Sort of like how the power rangers can only transform into Megazord when they physically get together. Or like the Pope who is only infallible when he makes a papal decree.

There are rules to these things you know.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

who else wants to send our Geoff a christmas card?!!

Dear Bro & Sis Jackson:

I wanted to be one of the first to wish you a Merry Christmas via this Christmas Card. You simply cannot imagine how excited I was when I saw the video of Bro Jackson's sworn testimony before the ARC and he stated that celebrating Christmas was OK for JWs. For years my contentious thoughts on this have been that prohibiting this celebration between friends and family because there may be ancient roots in false religion is ridiculous. Obviously, most non-religious people celebrate it by spending time with their families. JWs don't prohibit neckties or wedding rings for the same reason, as most people no longer associate the past connotations to the present meaning of these things.

I hope you are able to spend some time with your family and friends that are close to you!

Merry Christmas!

Bro & Sis Doc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Like I said before, at the rate they're changing them (for whatever reason), the disassociating actions are gonna outnumber the disfellowshipping offenses before too long.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Typical double speak from the dubs. He didn't say yes or no. This statement "That is not my understanding" is a lawyers way of evading the question. I recall when I was prepped for a hearing on a labor issue at work. The employers representative said rather than say yes or no just say that is not my understanding. That way they will not keep asking you questions in regards to that line of questioning. That way after the fact when questioned he can say I did not say that.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

I agree with William Penwell. These guys are slick with their answers. I am sure he had a flock of WT Attorney's coaching him. Slick liars!

I did like DOC's idea about sending a Christmas card! ha ha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit