Above the Fog, Below the Snow

by compound complex 14 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

I live in the Sierra Nevada foothills of California; a selling point for prospective homeowners in the slightly lower elevation is what is touted in the subject title. Well, right now we are being blasted by a storm barreling down from Canada, with hazardous driving and blizzard conditions in the offing, higher up.

As to fog, this photo offers a rare display of misty conditions over our lake, that after the last major rain storm. It reminds me of summer days of my youth on the Pacific coast.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Keep warm CoCo it`s not conditions I would like to live under but to each his own

How about displaying a contrast photo from the same position so we can compare with no fog no cloud in a summer spring or autumn setting .

Just a thought.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Here in Western NY the first part of this week was mild with temp. In the 40's and 50's last evening after heavy rain all day the temp. dropping it started snowing. Very heavy wet snow with high winds. I don't know how much we have but I am guessing around 6 inches. For a area that is accustom to snow this has kind of gotten every one off guard. Oh well another test to see if my back surgery I had back in September is working.l💪 Lol. CC your picture is beautiful. Take care. Still Totally ADD

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

CC just want to give you a little update. I just went out to walk the dogs and I measured 11 inches on the level. Guess what I will be doing the rest of the day? Still Totally ADD

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Meanwhile down south in Cape Town ...................we are staring 'DAY ZERO' in the face. The Term coined to refer to the day when this city of 4.5 million will be without water !

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2018-03-01-cape-towns-day-zero-horizon-moves-towards-november/

Photos below of the City's main supply dam [dust bowl]

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/10-shocking-pictures-of-cape-towns-theewaterskloof-dam-on-world-water-day-photos/

• compound complex
    compound complex

Same lake, summer day; photo taken somewhat to the right of photo in op:

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, smiddy, Still Totally ADD, and AFRIKANMAN:

I appreciate your comments. THANKS!

smiddy: Yeah, we don't have much choice about our weather, do we? Snowfall used to be very heavy here every year. Now, less and less . . . Hope you like the contrasting photo.

Still Totally ADD: I traveled to Nyack from Brooklyn on speaking assignments. Loved the beauty of upstate NY. Be careful and stay warm!

AFRIKANMAN: Sorry about your H20 dilemma. Photos are horrific, and reminiscent of California's past situation. Even here in the watershed for all California, we had restrictions similar to your 3B rules. I had to make huge adjustments in water use on a major landscaping job. Interesting that something called a humectant, applied by a professional company to the huge lawns, allowed a 60% reduction in water yet the grass was greener than ever during our very hot summers.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

But we will survive this ! Its a great "leveler" though in a grossly uneven society ~

Its brought out the best in people in terms of innovation.

The lads drilling well-points and bore-holes are our new 'millionaires' ......opportunity in diversity ~

• Moster
    Moster

Ahhhh Canada! Got to love us, eh?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It looks like a lovely place to be at, thanks for sharing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit