What does the WT fear the most?

by Gerard 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

The Society has dealt with opposers from day one. They have dealt with dissenters within their own ranks for over a century. Their biggest fear is allowing negative people to affect the "good ones". They are afraid of the truly "smart ones". The ones that really know better and will talk. Their afraid of the ones that can expose them for what they really are. They MUST get rid on any that don't 100% agree with them, especially the talkers.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    Their biggest fear is allowing negative people to affect the "good ones".

That's because it works. The easiest way is on the internet, where they can research it in the safety of their own home.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

2015. Or the UN going out of business. Or a terrible war - that ends in peace, as they always do.

2015 - 101 long years from the most hyped false-prophetic date in the history of mankind. JWism has become a hollow shell of the cocky, vigorous religious book publishing company it once was. This world surviving another 13 years would make JWism into a hollow shell of the hollow shell it is now.

I mean, can you imagine a March 2016 Watchtower with a 'THE END IS NEAR' cover story, with the accompanying doom-n-gloom articles? How will the current 30 and 40 something JW's feel about offering that stuff door to door in the year 2017? or 2025?

When I think along these lines, it makes me think that really their days are numbered. JWism may have many years ahead of it, but it will turn into something far different from what it is now. That is unless the JW's & fundies are right and we are headed for the apocalypse.

• justhuman
    justhuman

APOSTATES

• archangel01
    archangel01

How about God/Jesus.Doesn't it say somewhere in the Bible that all the hypocrisy would be exposed in the time of the end.

• Krazylady
    Krazylady

Dan the Man

I mean, can you imagine a March 2016 Watchtower with a 'THE END IS NEAR' cover story, with the accompanying doom-n-gloom articles? How will the current 30 and 40 something JW's feel about offering that stuff door to door in the year 2017? or 2025?

I reckon they'll feel the same way as the ones who sent in $$$ to help build Beth Seran <sp> so that Abraham Issac & Jacob would have a place to live when they were ressurected in 1925. They're still there, and still in denial about 1975 too.

What they FEAR is Jesus, and the Cross.

Krazylady

• Farkel
    Farkel

: What does the WT fear the most?

Truth, of course. ALL Cults fear that. If they really had the truth they wouldn't be Cults and wouldn't have to dominate, manipulate, terrify and force their members to do their bidding. If they really had the truth, their members would lovingly and willingly do their bidding. Once a group starts beating up its members and covering up its lies, the average person should be able to figure out that they don't have THE truth. They're just another Cult.

This is as simple as pie!

Farkel

• heathen
    heathen

I think they fear being human . They have a real hard time accepting criticism and demonize anyone that attempts to form their own identity.

• hurt
    hurt

They fear everything that's not them. Mostly the other side of any argument. They fear independent thinking people, even if they're of their own fold. They fear 'clean' apostates, that is, those disfellowshipped for 'offences' of principle, those who disagreed with them...

• starScream
    starScream

the internet was the first thing that popped into my head.

But think about it, before the internet the only source available for information on JWs is JWs. Now that almost everyone in the civilized world has an ISP the JWs are left with only the most backward countries and, sad to say, black and mexican ghettos to find a steady stream of dupes. Of course there is always plenty of pickins down at pope land. But as minorities get wealthier and more of them get www access then even they will grow immune to the watchtower propaganda.

The internet is the perfect enemy. People are curious. Im sure the next round of mass JW exodus is just around the corner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit