I'm sick of...

by freemindfade 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Israel Ricky Gonzales

Change your name to FreeMindDisassociated and all your headaches will be gone.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I think about it often. I just can't get over this nagging thing in the back of my mind im playing their game with that.
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

The power of NO is amazing, Morpheus and freemindfade.

Just say you are 'busy' 'working' 'tied up' 'at loose ends' 'out of town'.

They won't believe you, but they don't have the balls to call you out.

If they do, just say nothing.

They only have the power we give them.

Don't give them any.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I guess you can call me lucky. But when I faded (and I had been a active publisher up until that time. Well at least on paper anyway) I had not a peep out of the elders. Zip, nada, zero. So much so that I didn't know weather to be insulted just by there lack of concern or great full that they couldn't be bothered.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    At my previous hall before this one in another state, they were cool and left me well enough alone. And that's where I started the fade. When I moved here, it happened once, I didn't like it, but the bros were also cool, so I went through it and figured I was done, now this crap. I'm not gonna go through this again.
  • Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Israel Ricky Gonzales
    I do not think DA is playing into their game. You are the one walking away. It's your choice. It's your life. When you DA or get DF, they leave you alone. Throw in a hint of apostasy and they will run from you. LOL. Trust me, I know. the JW's don't F*ck with me, not even my family. Not once have I got a text, email, phone call, brochure, daily text, or anything reminding me to come back to Jehovuh.

Yeah, you lose some people, but its a cult. Friendship and family bond was always conditional, and it will always be conditional. It's a cancer than need to be eliminated in order the move on and be truly content and happy.
  • kairos
    kairos

This is a topic that no doubt rattle around in many of our minds.

I didn't want to DA, either.
    I didn't attend any J/C's or appeal their decision to DF me.

It's only been a few days since the announcement and this is shaping up to be the best week in my life!

That being said, admitting apostasy and getting DF'd in absentia might be the best hope of waking up others that have known you for decades.
    Shock the hell out of them!

Making them DF you is by far the better course than DA'ing, in my opinion...

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Thats right freemind..........speak on it ! !
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped

DA = Dead Air

It is like I turned the radio off and no longer have to listen to that noise again, ever, and the relief is amazing.

Disassociating is NOT playing their game. I heard that mess so many times. Who is playing their game, the person staying in it and having to do things they don't like to keep up appearances or the person that walks away forever? My wife and I chose to DA happily. Is it a tough decision? Yes, and painful at that with the permanence of such a decision when it has been your whole life. But these last two weeks have been so free. They can't touch us. I can adulterate while smoking a cigarette on my birthday and not care one iota what some judgemental person with a rafter in their own eye says about me. Not that I want to live an immoral life, but there is such freedom knowing that those judgy bastards have nothing to say that I have to listen to. Those that DA never have to play their game. I do get the ramifications if you have friends or family in, but if you're still in you are indeed playing their game. That's why you're ranting like this, because you're stuck in a game you don't want to play. I'm so sorry that's the case. I feel tremendously for those stuck in because of just that, the stress of playing the game. Much love man, for you and the others trying to play the game that you just can't win. We didn't have what it takes to do that.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Thank you. I really appreciate the perspective guys. Honestly. I feel underneath things will end that way. Just a matter of time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit