JW Acumen & Education = NO VALUE IN THE REAL WORLD

by Black Man 16 Replies latest jw friends

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

You are so right.

I remember falling for the crazy notion that I was getting the equivalent of a college education, until I left and went to college. I loved every minute of college and realized I was really learning...not some drivel that changed, or worse yet gobbledy-gook that was unexplainable, such as the generation changes. I earned a degree and am now teaching.

My aim is to impart to children the wonderful knowledge of our world and the people in it, and a love of learning. I regret that I stifled my own pursuit of knowledge in that organization for over thirty years. I achieved my degree at 61 years of age. I have never worked so hard for something in my life, but it was completely worth it! It is my fervent hope that young people are able to "wake up" and take control of their future, and get out of the pompous, self-assuming JWs.

• sir82
    sir82

The really evil part is:

1) The WTS absolutely positively 100% knows this

2) Yet they are still releasing hundreds of US Bethelites, thousands if counting worldwide, in their 40's and 50's with literally nothing more than a "keep warm and well fed".

These guys will literally struggle for existence for the rest of their natural life - 30, 40, 50 years, into their 80s if they make it that far. They'll have to work menial low-wage jobs until they keel over and die - no hope of getting enough Social Security, nor enough time to accumulate any savings for retirement.

It wouldn't have been so evil if they had not used "make Bethel your lifelong career" as a sales pitch for decades, or at least provided some sort of guidance/training/severance/ ANYthing upon exit.

• Darryl
    Darryl

I remember a conversation I had with my mother, I had already left the org and had started attending a Baptist Church and what struck me about attending church was how uplifting an experience it was. Of course I learned all my life that churches were full of evil people who are attached to false teachings and all that. I don't think that I ever bought into all the doctrinal stuff. However the people I encountered were good people. They were involved in the community. They had a scholarship fund to help young college age kids. They encouraged and helped the young kids to be as great as they could be.

Then I talked about my upbringing and how sports, other extra curricular activities were strongly discouraged. College was a huge no no. I told her how much I resented the fact that I never went to college and thus was forced to work a job in manufacturing. It's a good paying job but still my options were severely limited. Then she says this and sadly it almost got her cussed out but I expressed my anger the best way I could and respectfully although I was boiling inside.

What she said was well the Society has changed their view on that slightly and they understand that at least some college might be necessary in the times we are living in. Yeah it was pretty fucking necessary in the times that I was a teenager as well. She continued in fact brother W is putting his Son's through college Jr just graduated this year. I knew Jr when I was in that cong Jr was at least 15 years younger than me. Brother W was your typical asshole elder. Law and order, frowns all the time makes up new rules just in case the ones coming from NY wasn't strict enough. He was definitely a stay the hell away from college guy when I was growing up and his boys were barely walking. Now that they are all grown up he's putting them through college. I asked my mother don't you think that's pretty fucked up??? I didn't use those words but that is the message I wanted to get across. She thought nothing of the society changing their view on something just another example of the "light" getting brighter and brighter. My ass. Never ever ever going back.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SIR82:

Yes, it really is evil to use and lie to people for years - then kick them to the curb (especially at an advanced age), with NO regard for their future.

DARRYL:

They are a bunch of hypocrites. I do despise them. But, I have more reasons than you:

They push poverty for single women. I saw that the double standard was outrageous. Thankfully, I followed my instincts and never listened to their garbage and held onto my job and am now retired.

I feel sorry for all the rank & file Witnesses who listened to JW bullshit and either did not get an education or a decent job, hoping the New System would save them. Some of these people sincerely wanted to serve Jehovah. Others just didn't want to be part of the workforce. I had one tell me that!! Never mind: the result now is the same. The religion feels NO accountability for their present predicament.

I hope brothers with businesses can help them perhaps and also some of these displaced bethelites.

This is a very sad lesson for everybody!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think it's by design that JWs are so lacking in social skills. It's what keeps so many trapped inside.

If they venture out into the 'world' to see what it has to offer, most are ill-equipped to deal with it, and come running back to the organization believing the world is evil, and the congregation is the only safe haven.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Agreed Keyser... the JW org sets people up to fail outside of their own repressive culture.

Completely agree with you Black Man, Watchtower information is worthless and even worse than worthless because it is misleading and stunts personal growth as a consequence of having believed it.

Once stunted it is harder to put on more growth...

When will the world AND JWs learn how damaging JW belief is?

• Black Man
    Black Man

Up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit