Today's Watchtower Study

by sprintcmp 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    First, if I read/studied this kind of stuff every day, I would be on a stiff dose of antidepressants.

Agreed, I can't read Watchtower articles anymore. Its repetitive, boring, mind numbing and just plain upsets me. I take my hat off to those people on the forum who take the time to point out the errors, omissions, hypocrisy and fallacies within the current Watchtower literature because its something I just cannot do.

• Calebs Airplane
  • hoser
    hoser
    I skipped out today. I don't need any fear mongering in my life
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Ditto y'all........the magazines are very disturbing lately.....just all bad.
  • cultBgone
    cultBgone

Is that today's cover photo? Where are the spring dresses and smiling faces as they head off into "Paradise"? And will those guys looking back be turned into pillars of salt? Oh, the drama!!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The fact is that violence is actually in decline. Anybody want to return to the Dark Ages? I think not!

Professor Pinker explores ideas drawn from his book entitled The Better Angels of our Nature: Why Violence has Declined.

Prof. Steven Pinker - The Better Angels of Our Nature: A History of Violence and Humanity

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Very interesting video. I watched it all the way through, I don't have anything to compare his statistics with, but would be interested to find some rebuttal and then compare...Only out of curiosity. And not from a religiously negative approach.

Thank you for posting this, Could you please tell me where you found this as it would be interesting to find a list of lectures given by such erudite men and women.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

By the way. His point about a utopian world as is preached by some religions was astute. His point being that this belief " being very dangerous due to the means justifying the end" ( my paraphrase) was excellent.

I have said before, that it has taken me years to allow myself to watch talks like this, and now that I am. I find myself very absorbed. I've lived my life being told how wicked the world is and now I am going through some sort of change.....a good one but a slow one.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Our deliverance is at hand--into a world of pure communism and slavery. Everything you heard bad about communism in Russia in the 1920s and 1930s--and yes, it was horrible--it is worse in joke-hova's tyranny. That thing needs you at the boasting sessions in order to psychically make it happen. Do you want to be a part of global enslavement? If you do, then by all means keep attending those boasting sessions or return to them if you have stopped going. Just bear in mind that your reward will be to be in submission to the worst of communism and slavery for yourself and those you care about.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Our deliverance is getting near, she says....and you need to get to the meeting today.

Yep. I've heard this crap off and on throughout my entire life. Botchtower's Great Tribulation is definitely at hand as the Arc just released it's redress statement. Botchtower is gonna have to cough up some serious cash or go bankrupt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit