Generation changes chart - 3rd edition

by truthseeker 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Thanks Wifbandit. That really helped.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

TheRebel - "...show me a witness who 'takes the time' to sincerely understand watchtower doctrine, and I will show you an ex-witness.''

Nicely put.

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

I was at Bethel when that iconic Watchtower was published, the one with Brother Gangas and other "1914 generation" anointed were printed on it. I was close to brother Gangas as well at that time, so I felt comfortable asking him about the cover, that is, what did he think about being on the cover and about the article itself.

He just smiled at me his Yoda smile and said nothing.

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon
    Regarding our dear departed Brother Gangas, I can almost hear again how he started his prayers:

Oh Jehovah, our Almighty, Beautiful, Celestial, Delightful, Energetic, Fantastic, Glorious, Honorable, Illustrious, Jubilant, Kind, Long Suffering, Majestic, Noble, Omniscient, Powerful... heavenly father....
  • cha ching
    cha ching

Great chart! I love the pics included....

What would the Society do w/o the words "Apparently", "Evidently" or "However"?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cha ching - "What would the Society do w/o the words 'Apparently', 'Evidently' or 'However'?''

Save on paper, at the very least. :smirk:

• cha ching
    cha ching

Haha! "Evidently"!

• Splash
    Splash

Whatever happened to their famous phrase "the generation of 1914"?

They used it extensively between 1973 and 1995, but then dropped it entirely!

The best one was when they stuck it into the Bible itself:

*** w84 5/15 pp. 6-7 1914—The Generation That Will Not Pass Away ***
    Jehovah’s prophetic word through Christ Jesus is: “This generation [of 1914] will by no means pass away until all things occur.”

Classic WT.
    Doesn't matter what the Bible really says, only what the WT want it to say.
  • Splash
    Splash

Jesus even explained what he meant very clearly when he described in more detail what was to come in (Mt 23:33-38)

33 “Serpents, offspring of vipers, how will you flee from the judgment of Ge·henʹna? 34 For this reason, I am sending to you prophets and wise men and public instructors. Some of them you will kill and execute on stakes, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 so that there may come upon you all the righteous blood spilled on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zech·a·riʹah son of Bar·a·chiʹah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar. 36 Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. 37Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent to her—how often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings! But you did not want it. 38 Look! Your house is abandoned to you.

Jesus was talking about Jerusalem, and that the generation then living would see its destruction.
    It's so clear compared the messed up GB fairy story.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

One of my JW spies who is pretty died in the wool said of the overlapping generations, 'I don't understand it. It doesn't make sense.'

Did somebody mention Occams razor?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit