Where is this evil spirit from?

by iconoclastic 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Saintbertholdt:

Good point. You like others are way more knowledgeable than myself on evolution so yes, I enjoy every opportunity to learn from guys like you and Cofty, even if it is on an Icon thread. The books Cofty recommended to me have been incredible learning experiences but I still have a long way to go and enjoying the journey.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

Saintbertholdt you are asking:

Why do you equate the existence of God with whether evolution is true or not?
    The question, “Does God exist?“ has three possible answers: (1) Yes; (2) Maybe; (3) No. Since no one can prove or disprove the existence of God, all three answers may be right -for respective followers. I believe that I the spirit in me is eternal (3:11) and returns to God at the death of my physical apparatus (Eccl 12:7), reside with my God in heaven for some time, then come to earth and reside for some time (Mathew 11:14) and again return to God only to repeat it all over again (Ecc 1:9). Proof for this is that I came through my parents (not from them) who in turn came through their parents—and it goes backward infinitely.

Just seeing with physical eyes are not enough, we should also use the eye of understanding. Ask another question: “Does the world really exist?“ You may say you can see the world. However, just because we can see the world and experience it with our bodily senses, can we say it `exists' as solid as rock, as liquid as water, as gas as air …..? What is the definition of existence? Are our bodily senses so completely reliable for us to say that the world `exists'? When we are seeing a dream, the dream world does seem real for the duration of the dream. We can see it and our senses experience it as if it is `real'. But when we wake up, we say the dream wasn't real! It seems everything is relative to a certain state of consciousness we are in. So, even the so-called real world exists only in the kind of consciousness we have in our waking state. What if we are awakened to another state of consciousness of different plane/dimension. Ths is not to say that this world is not real, but to show the limitations of our physical senses which some of the people view them as ultimate source of knowledge/experience.

Your second question to me: Why do you insist on a literal interpretation of Genesis with two naked teenagers in a botanical garden and a talking snake?

I do not take the Genesis account of creation which is the fabrication of later writers, according to Jeremiah 7:22; 8:8

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    The books Cofty recommended to me have been incredible learning experiences

Yeah Cofty takes evolution seriously serious.

He checks every evolution comment for accuracy :)

Universal Darwinism is my pet love. Its popping up everywhere in almost all disciplines.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    What if we are awakened to another state of consciousness of different plane/dimension.

Sounds a bit like Plato's cave.

Ths is not to say that this world is not real, but to show the limitations of our physical senses which some of the people view them as ultimate source of knowledge/experience.

Lets assume you are absolutely correct. One is in a dream/simulation until one awakens.

Even if that were the case the dream/simulation still has rules and one still has to play the game according to those rules. Whether literal or a dream, the outcome is still the same. You have to play the game optimally and therefore you have to understand the parameters and limits. No-one explained the rules so the best way to figure them out is to test for rules e.g. experimentation and observation.

I do not take the Genesis account of creation which is the fabrication of later writers, according to Jeremiah 7:22; 8:8

Then why are you such a skeptic when it comes to evolution? It seems that it forms a part of the fundamental rule set. The evolutionary algorithm is being observed in all disciplines. Anywhere where entropy and information enthalpy interact (which is everywhere), you have the potential to observe evolution.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    4) Very high tolerance for pain. I can't think of many women who could pass the physical rigors of BUDS training, although some of these Cross-Fit girls are amazing

Try giving birth.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    I liked the way you, Saintbertholdt, reviewed my comments—manly. Regarding your question: Then why are you such a skeptic when it comes to evolution?
    Because evolution theory is too inadequate to explain simple questions such as:
    How did matter get so perfectly organized? Where did the energy come from to do all the organizing? When, where, why, and how did life come from dead matter? When, where, why, and how did life learn to reproduce itself? With what did the first cell capable of sexual reproduction reproduce? How can mutations (recombining of the genetic code) create any new, improved varieties? What can similarities in design between different animals prove a common Creator or a common ancestor? If you say a common ancestor, then you will find it very difficult to explain ensuing question: Which evolved first (how, and how long, did it work without the others)?
    a. The digestive system, the food to be digested, the appetite, the ability to find and eat the food, the digestive juices, or the body’s resistance to its own digestive juice (stomach, intestines, etc.)?
    b. The drive to reproduce or the ability to reproduce?
    c. The lungs, the mucus lining to protect them, the throat, or the perfect mixture of gases to be breathed into the lungs?
    d. DNA or RNA to carry the DNA message to cell parts?
    e. The termite or the flagella in its intestines that actually digest the cellulose?
    f. The plants or the insects that live on and pollinate the plants?
    g. The bones, ligaments, tendons, blood supply, or muscles to move the bones?
    h. The nervous system, repair system, or hormone system?
    i. The immune system or the need for it? …….. How did photosynthesis evolve? How did thought evolve? How did flowering plants evolve, and from what, and for whom to see and appreciate those beautiful flowers? List would go endless
    Thus religions nor evolution are the answer.
    Avoid harm, and Do good to yourself and others, and enjoy the surprise which is in store-- is my philosophy.
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    Thus religions nor evolution are the answer.

You know what evolution says about the existence of God?

Absolutely nothing. It is neither for or against it.

God could have set the whole universe in motion and Universal Darwinism is just a fundamental algorithm that is used to drive the entire process.

What is interesting though is what it would say about the fundamental nature of God.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    The BK cult must have a system for counting time much like our favourite cult does, because i cant think of any other reasonable explanation for why they are repeatedly here spouting their bullshit.
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    The BK cult must have a system for counting time

Do you know anything about the BK cult?

Iconoclastic writes he does not believe in a literal creationist view but also rejects evolution.

So how did everything get here?

Is it Brain in a bottle connected to a VR simulation philosophy?

• cofty
    cofty

Regarding your questions a-i, you could find answers to all of them today with a bit of effort.

You prefer willful ignorance. It is a haven for your superstitions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit