Where is this evil spirit from?

by iconoclastic 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

Many believe in the wonderful drama of evolution (life evolving from non-life through flower/fruit beautiful trees and variety of species, reaching homo sapiens and finally returning to non-life) through various processes such as mutation, adaptation, natural selection …. Yet there is an evil spirit working against the very spirit of the evolution, producing ironical results in too large a scale. To mention a few:

1) The really superior beings are kept sidelined (http://thoughtcatalog.com/lorenzo-jensen-iii/2015/07/17-ways-that-science-proves-women-are-superior-to-men/)

2) The powerful majority subsist at the mercy of a few rich people. In the US many feel it is 99 vs 1%

3) For the last few decades, policies of the wealthy and (all)mighty nations are determined by a few terrorists (how even the President of the sole Super Power should sleep is determined by them—He needs a no-fly zone above his residence even when he visits other countries). (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wrost-year-global-terrorism-2014-article-1.2130490) Travel has become extremely difficult even for the former president of the largest democracy in the world. (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Former-President-APJ-Abdul-Kalam-frisked-twice-in-US/articleshow/10714158.cms)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't really know what you are taking about. Anyway, the "Women are better.." thing is complete bullshit.

Let's put it this way, "Science proves that men are better than women."

That is also complete bullshit. Every individual has strengths and weaknesses. Take me for example, I have:

1) An excellent memory. ( INTP personality )

2) Excellent hearing and eyesight.

3) High I.Q

4) Very high tolerance for pain. I can't think of many women who could pass the physical rigors of BUDS training, although some of these Cross-Fit girls are amazing. I work at a physical level that makes many cringe. I've stitched my own wounds with no numbing agents, or I just clean it, superglue it, and continue my work day.

5) I have no trouble finding things, although sometimes I just don't care enough to look.

6) My immune system is top-notch. I'm rarely sick. I pretend to be sick to skip meetings. My doctor says that I have the constitution of a Mack truck.

7) I know what mauve is. I have a much better appreciation and knack for artistic projects than my wife. Right now I'm learning to make stained glass art. I also engage in creative writing, cook, know how to sew, repair automobiles, antique bicycles with internal hub gears, weld, solder, chop wood, split wood, run heavy equipment, garden, Scuba, need I go on??

So am I superior? Hardly. I'm an individual. I'm somewhat unique, just like everyone else on the planet.

DD

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    1) The really superior beings are kept sidelined (http://thoughtcatalog.com/lorenzo-jensen-iii/2015/07/17-ways-that-science-proves-women-are-superior-to-men/)

From philosophical transactions of the Royal Society: "The mammalian Y chromosome is thus likely to be engaged in a battle in which is is outgunned by its opponent. A logical consequence is that the Y should run away and hide, shedding any transcribed sequences that are not essential to its function."

However when the Y chromosome is expressed during mammalian development the result is anatomical dominance.

Conclusion: Each gender has its own arena of supremacy.

Many believe in the wonderful drama of evolution (life evolving from non-life through flower/fruit beautiful trees and variety of species, reaching homo sapiens and finally returning to non-life) through various processes such as mutation, adaptation, natural selection ... 2) The powerful majority subsist at the mercy of a few rich people. In the US many feel it is 99 vs 1%

You are confusing Biological evolution with Universal Darwinism.

Now if you were to directly compare these apples and pears you will see how inappropriate your comparison is. The US as a nation has existed 239 years of which the vast imbalance in US wealth has only occurred within the last 40. Biological evolution has been in progress for 3.5 billion years and you're trying to measure evolutionary progress within the last 0.0000001142 % of process time elapsed.

Now some questions for you:

Why do you equate the existence of God with whether evolution is true or not?

Why do you insist on a literal interpretation of Genesis with two naked teenagers in a botanical garden and a talking snake?

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    Dear DATA-DOG
    & Saintbertholdt

I was also believing like you 10 years before. However, this is my experience:

Peace comes with harmony. Harmony comes with accepting the truth. Truth is that woman is superior—something I realized in the second half of my married life. With patriarchal mind-set, I was trying to control my wife with my comments on everything she does, but this reaped only distress and conflict. One day she said:

“By not letting me do things with freedom, you are only safeguarding your superiority which is an illusion. Prove yourself superior letting me do things my own way and seeing me collapsing. On the other hand, if I succeed without your help—you don’t have to approve my superiority, at least you can approve my equality. Fact is that I don’t want to make a big deal about equality; I would be genuinely happy if you could measure up and get it too. True I do sometimes behave as childishly as you. When it comes to equality, I have no problem at all over you aspiring to it. Maybe you are more mature. May be you just know that it won’t happen. But, go ahead, keep trying. All men are born equal; and most women are born more so. Remember, how much you make me sweat for the privilege? Well, what do you know? It made me realize there was no point in getting all hot and bothered about it. The gender equation would always be skewed. Like any other women I am also simply encoded with a superior set of chromosomes. Mine is not to question Y; mine is but to be XXtra strong, mentally and cerebrally. Hence I challenge you—let me do things with freedom, experiment with me, and come to a conclusion after seeing the result.”

I agreed. I let her do without any kind of intervention from me. Now she proved her worth. She is the real hero at home, despite the fact that she also runs a hospital without any kind of intervention/help from me. (I retired from merchant navy only a few months back). She is better than me.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Social equality is great. It has doubled the human work force.

However males are physically dominant and females are genetically dominant.

See my quote from the Royal society and my added footnote.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    Saintbertholdt,
    In the US, how many women presidents do we have? Why not even one so far in its "239 years" of history?
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Iconoclastic, are you a Hillary supporter? :)

Human history has had exceptionally strong female leaders: Margaret Thatcher, Queen Elizabeth 1, Angela Merkel (although she's been battered of late) and Paris Hilton.

There are fundamental differences between the sexes regarding power though:

Here's a very crude proverb: Men rise to power to have sex, women have sex to rise to power.

This saying is politically incorrect but demonstrates how the 2 sexes fundamentally differ regarding their objectives and inherent value. Men have no inherent value and have to earn their power and therefore the right to reproduce. The reason for this is simple: a single male can fertilize many females, therefore only one is actually needed.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

SaintBertholdt:

Great posts, love em and couldn't agree more. Too bad they'll be lost on icon ...

DATA DOG:

When did you go through BUDS? Just wondering if perhaps you know someone or two that I do too.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Where is this evil spirit from?

...Image result for fart............Image result for WTF Cat

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    SecretSlaveClass,

Great posts, love em and couldn't agree more. Too bad they'll be lost on icon ...
    Well at least we get to discuss evolution on Iconoclasts threads, something which I enjoy.

The only easy day was yesterday

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit