When householders take the mags

by Sadie5 16 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

LOL @ trashed WT rags!

When I was a 'hovah doing "street work", this gomer I was working with sold WT rags to a dude that just wanted change for the bus, so he bought the rags. When the dude boarded the bus, 'hovah gomer noticed that the dude immediately trash-canned the rags. Gomer quickly ran into the bus, grabbed the rags out of the can and got off the bus, only to sell the same rags once again!

TR

• Mulan
    Mulan

My mother's cousin visited us recently from the Bay area (he is about 70). He is an engineer, and really sweet. He and his wife were talking about the JW's, after Mom went to bed that night, and he said they will sometimes take the magazines and throw them away immediately. He said he thumbed through one once, and found it to be very simply written, and nothing grabbed him, so he just tosses them. His wife hides from them, and pulls the drapes when she sees them in the neighborhood.

When I cleaned houses years ago, I would often find them in people's trash cans.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Just think of the amount of trees the WTBTS has destroyed in prinitng useless publications, even their own members, seldom read, never mind the unsuspecting public.

It's been so long since I have seen a Watchtower or Awake mag. Does anyone know whether the WTBTS uses recycled paper in their mags, and do they mention it all, if they do ?

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Hello :o)

No probs CM and Gerard. Simon has supplied the answer!

Thanks Simon - and for all the hard work with the site btw

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

My daughter is 9 and is an "unbaptized publisher". Sometimes when I call her on Saturday or Sunday...I'll ask her how her weekend was and what did she do? When she tells me she has been in service....I alwasy ask her "Ah...I see....So, did you have any luck?" Okay...I know that's kinda mean...being that JW's believe that "luck" is bad. In my conversations with her and others, I find that many simply are too embarassed to ask for donations and give the householders the impression that the magazines ARE provided free of charge. Many of the poor schmucks poundin' on doors are footing the bill for it.

Ern

PS...as a lesson in "luck"...I was explaining to my daughter what lottery tickets are and how they work. LOL

• Ed
    Ed
    Does anyone know whether the WTBTS uses recycled paper in their mags, and do they mention it all, if they do ?

I saw something about that in one of the magazines a few years ago, I think it was in the "Questions From Readers" section. The answer was no, the magazines are not printed on recycled paper. I think the explanation had something to do with the the paper needing to be the best possible quality to be worthy of conveying God's message, and why would we worry about the forests anyway since God is going to fix all that up soon.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Thanks Ed. Kinda what I expected.

why would we worry about the forests anyway since God is going to fix all that up soon.

If that is the case it dosen't surprise me. That's their mentality for just about everything they don't want to feel responsible for. Whether it is being environmentally responsible, or compassion for the sick and suffering, even with the cong.

" Millions Now Living Will Never Know "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit